Nintendo Reveals Skyward Sword European Release Date UPDATED

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Nintendo Reveals Skyward Sword European Release Date UPDATED

The latest Legend of Zelda game is coming out in time for the holidays.

It's been a long time coming, but Nintendo has finally revealed when the world will be able to get its collective hands on the latest Legend of Zelda, or at least, when some of the world will, anyway. The European parts of it, specifically.

Skyward Sword [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC54I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313579770&sr=8-1] arrives in European stores on November 18th, just in time for the holidays, pitting it against games like Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3 and Uncharted 3. Skyward Sword is the first Legend of Zelda games to be developed with the Wii exclusively in mind. Twilight Princess, which was released in 2006, was actually designed as a GameCube game, but was delayed in order to be ported over for the Wii's launch.

Skyward Sword mixes up the standard Zelda formula a little by making Zelda and Link childhood friends in the land of Skyloft, rather than Princess and Elf-Boy in the Kingdom of Hyrule, respectively. Link still has to rescue Zelda - Nintendo hasn't thrown the formula away - but series overseer Eiji Aonuma has promised that Skyward Sword will mix things up, especially when it comes to the gear Link gets, which in turn effects the puzzles and boss monsters he encounters.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword comes out for the Wii on November 18th in Europe.

Update: Nintendo has also revealed the North American release date. The game hits shelves in North America on November 20th.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-17-zelda-skyward-sword-release-date]

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
That's cutting it a little close. hopefully this means the US release will be the 18th as well, or at least soon afterwards...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This is good news for me. With Xenoblade Chronicles out this Friday (in Europe) that game may last me enough until it's out (I read there are alot of side quest and new content after the game is finish). So bring it on!

Grogman

Mar 2, 2011
Woo 3 days before my birthday. I no longer have to wonder what I will spend that £40 birthday money I always get on.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
On my birthday :D
Man, November will be busy as all hell, I'll never have time for it all.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
So. Much. Want.

And its on the same day I see Evanescence in concert. Sweet.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Of course, Zelda games have a habit of missing release dates. Hopefully that's one of the things they plan to "mix up" this time.

Shame they're forcing MotionPlus upgrades with it.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Oh yay, ANOTHER November release. I mean, we don't already have enough of those do we? December is open guys, put some game in there, please.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
My guess is this means that Japan will be at least a month or so prior, the US will be about a week before, and Australia will be two weeks following.

Taking all bets! I also offer video poker!

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Won't be buying. Doesn't look that great plus Nintendo is being a douche to na anyway. I'll go for skyrim or something completely obscure instead

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ranooth said:
November is going to ruin me . .
You're not alone. I don't think I've ever bought four games in one month (at least not new), but this, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 4, and Skyrim are all must buys for me.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Oh man, school is going to suffer big time.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO RELEASE ON DIFFERENT MONTH!?

dosp5

May 14, 2011
DustyDrB said:
Ranooth said:
You're not alone. I don't think I've ever bought four games in one month (at least not new), but this, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 4, and Skyrim are all must buys for me.
November, where bank accounts go to die.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Skyrim, Zelda, inevitable term end projects, multiple birthdays including my own...

November: Welcome to Schedule Hell.

Vyress

Jul 12, 2010
orangeban said:
Aww yeah, finally Europe is getting some love, it's about damn time.
Yeah I was thinking the same actually. Especially since it's Nintendo.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Ranooth said:
Good god I'll be taking my pay checks straight from the employer and inserting them directly into the nearest target or best buy.

Zelda and Skyrim... not to mention Ico/Shadow in September... and Mario Land 3D...

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Sweet, got a crack at it today and really loved the sword system. now i just have to sort out my november....