GAME Unveils Modern Warfare 3 Intel Pack

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
GAME Unveils Modern Warfare 3 Intel Pack

GAME is offering a special avatar for pre-ordering Modern Warfare 3 and other incentives that it's keeping under wraps.

UK retailer GAME has revealed the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00503E8S2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0RPWT8ZYR4RVY3ZA80HZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 ] Intel Pack, a fancy name for its particular assortment of pre-order bonuses. Well, some of the bonuses anyway, as it isn't spilling all of its beans just yet.

Anyone pre-ordering the game for Xbox 360 or PS3 at GAME will score themselves a British Special Forces avatar and a mini strategy guide from Brady Games. GAME promises that there are other, as-yet-unannounced elements to the Intel Pack, and while it didn't give any hints as to what this element would be, it said it would something that players would be eager to get their hands on. It's not clear at this time what PC players will receive if they pre-order the game, but presumably it will be something similar.

Pre-order bonuses from other retailers have included posters and the chance to win tickets to the Call of Duty XP convention. With GAME being UK based and the convention being literally on the other side of the world, the tickets seem unlikely - especially with XP taking place in less than a month - but some sort of exclusive weapon or other, similar trinket is entirely possible.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out for PC, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 on November 8th.

Source: Digital Spy [http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a335458/modern-warfare-3-game-exclusive-intel-pack-revealed.html]

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
We really should stop encouraging this crap. Exclusive pre-order bonuses were tolerable, but store-specific bonuses are extremely annoying. Especially when when you don't even have that specific store in your own country. As long people keep buying it they will continue to do it.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
I'm a little disappointed. After nightvision goggles, everything just seems to be a let down.