Play Dragon Nest. Join The Escapist Guild. Win Over $3000 in Prizes!

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Play Dragon Nest. Join The Escapist Guild. Win Over $3000 in Prizes!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DragonNest]
An enchanted world. Hope struggles against darkness. Fate lies with YOU.

Welcome to Dragon Nest - Nexon's latest free-to-play fantasy MMORPG. You're about to enter a fantastic world filled with magic, wonder, hideous monsters, evil villains, and endless adventure.

Playing Dragon Nest is so much fun that The Escapist Staff has created an in-game guild for the community and is inviting everyone to join. Nexon has also sweetened the pot by providing 5 limited edition Dragon Nest branded plush poochums to give away, plus six Amazon Gift Cards!! Our goal in-game is to have the largest guild on the server, so let's see what we can do!

Staff members Encaen [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Nasrin] and more will be in-game between 12pm to 5pm EDT, Wednesday through Friday this week to hang out with the community and help spread the destruction.

For full information, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DragonNest] to visit our official event page!

Please Note: The game is available to play in the US, Canada, and Oceania ONLY.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
What other game did they make? Nexon sounds really familiar...was it Vindictus? That was kinda neat, but good gravy did it get old fast.

Anywho, anyone who actually plays this game care to explain just what-
SupahGamuh said:
Yeah, so much fun if the game wasn't region locked. Stupid Nexon.
Nevermind.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I don't know much about the game, but I have noticed that the ad that shows up before videos is incredibly loud.

I've yet to decide if I'll give this game a try.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Oooo, new game? With dragons? Escapist guild? I'm interested!

"...the game will not work for those outside of North America."

Oh.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Saw a few League of Legends streamers playing this game and decided to check it out a few weeks ago, that was when I discovered it was region locked. -.-

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Stupid contest entry box,I don't know if it's because The Spinning Button decided to move the page slightly to the left therefore breaking the text entry box or something,but I can't fucking enter right now.

Subtitled

Aug 17, 2011
Alphakirby said:
Stupid contest entry box,I don't know if it's because The Spinning Button decided to move the page slightly to the left therefore breaking the text entry box or something,but I can't fucking enter right now.
I had that same problem, but I was able to click on the last field, and then Shift+Tab back up through the form, if that helps at all.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Subtitled said:
Alphakirby said:
I had that same problem, but I was able to click on the last field, and then Shift+Tab back up through the form, if that helps at all.
We are currently working on fixing this issue, but please feel free to come join us in-game now! Your entry will be valid as long as you sign up on our contest page before it closes this Friday :) Thank you bringing it to our attention.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Subtitled said:
Alphakirby said:
Yeah,it worked. Thanks for the help.

Carbon Monoxide

Feb 27, 2011
Aw, I reading the page I was getting really excited about playing, it sounded brilliant, and I'd been looking for a new MMO to play recently. Why oh why does it have to be region locked? ;__;

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Evil Teddie said:
saruman31 said:
Futureman said:
is this game worth trying?
Surprisingly yes. It is very polished and quite good for a f2p game. The only downside is the abp system.
And how is it region locked?
Unfortunately, the game is IP blocked for anyone outside of the US, Canada, Australia and other Oceania regions. If I am not mistaken, an SEA server just launched yesterday.

saruman31

Sep 30, 2010
Evil Teddie said:
saruman31 said:
Futureman said:
is this game worth trying?
Surprisingly yes. It is very polished and quite good for a f2p game. The only downside is the abp system.
ABP System? First of all, what is that? And how is it region locked?
Somekind of stamina system...if you run out of it you have to wait to recharge otherwise lvling gets grindy.
Play on Nexon if you are from Camada, US or Australia and on Cherry Credits if you are from somewhere else.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I just played through the first couple sections so far, and I must say I'm impressed. It's really quite good for a F2P game. The real-time combat flows much better and feels more natural than the traditional mmorpg "target and poke monster" system. When you smack 5 goblins with your sword they actually get knocked to the ground as if they were really hit by something.