BioWare Pits Blonde Against Brunette in New FemShep Poll

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
BioWare Pits Blonde Against Brunette in New FemShep Poll

Mass Effect fans once again get to weigh in on the "official" female Commander Shepard.

BioWare is once again asking Mass Effect fans to chose their favorite FemShep. Her face is locked in, but it seems that other parts of her - namely her hair color - are not.

[gallery=428]

In the original vote, the blonde FemShep won out over her rivals, but speaking at Gamescom, BioWare marketing director David Silverman said that a number of fans had actually voted for the blonde FemShep because they like the hair style, rather than the hair color. With that in mind, Bioware has unveiled four "new" FemSheps for fans to vote on in an effort to make sure that they get exactly what they want. Joining the original blonde FemShep is a redhead, a brunette, and a FemShep with darker, "dirty" blonde hair.

In order to vote, you need to head over to the official Mass Effect Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150264015271645.327924.85811091644&type=1] page, and click "like" on the one you want to see in the game. The voting will remain open until PAX Prime, which is in a week's time. Silverman said that he was interested to see if the blonde FemShep would win out again, or whether another version would take the crown.

Of the new FemSheps, the brunette is probably my favorite, although the whole thing is starting to seem a little silly. I can understand that BioWare wants to give fans what they want, but it's not like hair color is particularly hard to change in Mass Effect.

Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FYEZMQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0MX9GJ2EJGHGWSZS9DQ9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846] comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 6th.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Gota go with the brunette. THe red haired one reminds me too much of Scarlett Johanson and the dark haired looks like a particularly angy chick in my economics class.

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
The point of being able to choose default femshep's hair color is that you actually can't change the default model's hair color. Like in Dragon Age 2, you can either choose default Hawke, or create a custom character.

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
Blindrooster said:
Gota go with the brunette. THe red haired one reminds me too much of Scarlett Johanson and the dark haired looks like a particularly angy chick in my economics class.
But... Scarlett Johansson is blonde.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
I like the red-head but I have to go with the black hair. She looks so close to my FemShep.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
You know - normally I'd go with the red-head every time, but I think the 4th one looks the best in this case.

And given how much I love red-heads, that's saying something.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
You know, if I actually played as a femshep, this would get me kind of happy.
Cuz I really like gingers, and if red-headed femshep wins, I'll actually want to play as her.

...okay fuck it, if she wins, time to replay ME1 & ME2.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I'm still bitter over the "hottification" of default shep (fem shep from ME1 and 2 was awesome), but given a choice to vote. I've gotta go with the redhead. or the blonde.

Can I take both?

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I kinda wanted the black girl to win....but sadly we got this...
-sigh- really we want Barbie Shepard to represent the female Shepard?

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
I wish BioWare had just stuck to their guns and made the damn decision themselves. Speaking as a FemShep fan, their attempts to win people over with a beauty pageant doesn't exactly garner any respect from myself.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
draconiansundae said:
Blindrooster said:
Actually this year,

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/05/01/scarlett-johansson-red-hair/

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Red hair. Every girl I know who has read hair is attractive. Therefore Red = FTW.

Also I am annoyed that there is no 'ginger' option.

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
Aggieknight said:
I'm still bitter over the "hottification" of default shep (fem shep from ME1 and 2 was awesome), but given a choice to vote. I've gotta go with the redhead. or the blonde.

Can I take both?
As I said in a similar thread:

There actually isn't a "default" femshep. What you're thinking of is a character that was created by using the rather crappy sliders Bioware provided for custom character creation. However, default manshep was NOT created with said sliders, and is significantly higher res and better looking than "default" femshep. The goal is to have a default canon femshep that is a counterpart to manshep.

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
Blindrooster said:
draconiansundae said:
Blindrooster said:
Actually this year,

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/05/01/scarlett-johansson-red-hair/
Oh gosh, I'm so behind on the times.

Edit: Oh god, now I see it.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Reeeeeeeeeeeed head!
I just have a thing for red-heads.

I have never seen an ugly girl with red hair, just saying.
And i know i'm shallow, but if you don't have red hair i ain't listening :p