Warhammer Weekend Sale Includes Free Space Marine

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Warhammer Weekend Sale Includes Free Space Marine

Space Marine gets cozy with the entire Dawn of War series in a $99 bundle.

Those big bucks burning a hole in your bank account probably just found a new home. This weekend's Dawn of War II [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11181] all the way up to developer Relic's upcoming Space Marine come packaged together.

By Steam's math, the whole shebang would typically cost around $160. With the included Space Marine running $50 for pre-order alone, it's practically a free third-person shooter on top of the huge pile of on-sale strategy games. The jury's still out [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110957-E3-Warhammer-40-000-Space-Marine] on Space Marine, but this is still a tough proposition to beat regardless of how it turns out.

If you opt against the big bundle, the entire Dawn of War II series runs at just $35; Retribution [http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40000-Dawn-Chaos-Rising-Pc/dp/B002V16T92/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313741609&sr=8-4], as well as the original games, are all available at half-price. The promotion ends Monday morning at 10am Pacific.

Early buyers of Space Marine on Steam also get a demo download immediately, on top of a free copy of Darksiders [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7010-Review-Darksiders].

Space Marine releases for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 6th.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Pharsalus said:
Ain't that a b*, I just bought DoW complete on amazon.
Scratch a couple of them with a screw, get a refund and redirect that moolah.

Not that I'd advocate lying, of course.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
I swear THQ love throwing free copies of Darksiders everywhere.

Anyway, good deal, shame I've got pretty much all of them :(

Also, you can get early access to the Space Marine demo if you sign up on their website.

Edit - You get the demo 24 hours early on the 22nd.

verindae

May 22, 2010
What's really a pain in the ass is that this is american steam only, I'm from the UK and on my Steam client the 50% discount on current DoW games is there but the pack with Space Marine is absent. Why can't these games have universal release dates :/

We don't even have access to the stand alone pre-order yet, not even the physical copies in retails stores :/

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
DAMN.

I just bought retribution, and locked in the order of space marine last night as well.

Fiddlefutz

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
If you live in Australia, this pack is terrible. You are paying 90 dollars for Space Marine and then springing for the DoW games and the DLC as well with almost no discount (179.99 total).

Compare this to the THQ pack I got during the summer sale for 49.99:

Company of Heroes.
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. <-- good
Darksiders <-- okay
HOMEFRONT <-- crap honestly
Metro 2033 <-- awesome fun!
MX vs ATV Reflex <-- didn't play, probably wont.
Red Faction: Guerilla <-- fun, but mindless
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl <-- good
Saints Row 2 <-- awesome fun, this is what GTA IV should have been.
Warammer 40K DoW II (+Retribution and Chaos Rising, so 3 games) <-- good fun

Totally not worth it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, not that I regret buying (preordering) Darksiders, wich was nice and also because it included Titan Quest Gold, but throwing it around at every preorder bonus of THQ game's seems a bit bat-shit crazy.

Heh, just when I was starting to consider reinstalling the DoW games, talk about coincidences.

I also need to get Retribution >.<'

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Oh, I though they were throwing in some models and started to wonder how steam could do that but apparently its much better.. shame I've got most of the DoW series already..

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
You must be thinking about 100? ( 144.16$ )
Yeah, Valve can still go *censored for fear of suspenders*

SupahGamuh said:
Well, not that I regret buying (preordering) Darksiders, wich was nice and also because it included Titan Quest Gold, but throwing it around at every preorder bonus of THQ game's seems a bit bat-shit crazy.
Maybe one day we could actually see a Titan Quest player base.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Neat. Too bad the only games I need to finish the collection are Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. But the Wargear DLC looks cool.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
verindae said:
What's really a pain in the ass is that this is american steam only, I'm from the UK and on my Steam client the 50% discount on current DoW games is there but the pack with Space Marine is absent. Why can't these games have universal release dates :/

We don't even have access to the stand alone pre-order yet, not even the physical copies in retails stores :/
Not sure if Space Marine is coming out on Steam, Relic mentioned having a deal with another UK distributor and not knowing who it is yet.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
I'd just like to say to the author that as someone who's played the demo and after talking to several people who've played the demo, it's *bleep*ing awesome.