Ghost Rider Pees Fire In Spirit Of Vengeance Trailer

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Ghost Rider Pees Fire In Spirit Of Vengeance Trailer

For better or worse, someone's made a sequel to Ghost Rider, and the trailer is now online.

2007's <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Rider-Widescreen-Nicolas-Cage/dp/B000OVLBF8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313869727&sr=8-1>Ghost Rider was by no means a good movie. But it <a href=http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostrider.htm>made a lot of money, and a sequel's been in the works for a while. Now, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance's first trailer has been released on the Web, and it looks ... well, judge for yourself.

Since the trailer itself doesn't do a great job of explaining the movie's story, here's the official plot summary:

In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider, Johnny - still struggling with his curse as the devil's bounty hunter - is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe when he is recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the devil (Ciaran Hinds). At first, Johnny is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy - and possibly rid himself of his curse forever.

OK, based on the trailer, this seems like it'll be better than the first Ghost Rider, since it looks super gritty and action-packed. Additionally, Marvel has been on a massive winning streak lately when it comes to movie adaptations. Add the fact that David Goyer wrote the script (you may remember him from a little movie called The Dark Knight), and there's a lot of promise attached to the film.

However, directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (seen here in the painful intro to the trailer) have directed the films Crank, Crank 2, and Gamer. That's not exactly a sterling record. On top of that, Nicholas Cage isn't the commercial or critical powerhouse <a href=http://boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=nicolascage.htm>that he used to be. Additionally, Ghost Rider has never had the same appeal as some of Marvel's bigger characters like Spider-Man, Captain America, or the X-Men; the fact that the movie has a reported $75 million budget (notably less than the $110 million budget of its predecessor) shows a lack of confidence in making a big-budget spectacle like other recent Marvel films. Oh, and let's not forget that the movie is going to feature a bit with the character literally peeing fire for what looks like a cringe-inducing visual gag.

So far, based on the trailer, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance looks like it could go either way: Awesome camp or yet one more <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8>note of embarrassment for everyone associated with Nicholas Cage.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
I've always liked the Ghost Rider character, but I always hated the movie, mainly due to Nicholas Cage being in another movie he shouldn't have been in. The best bits were when Ghost Rider was kicking ass, which is what this trailer was. Looks like another flop, but at least the Ghost Rider bits in THIS movie will be more fun to watch.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Huh... yeah that seems like it would be better but I don't know.
Could really go either way. Looks like most of Cage's recent movie and that trailer for some reason really reminds me of Drive Angry which was... okay, I guess. Hope it's not as horrid as the first one. That was just embarrassing. Almost as bad as The Wicker Man.

Hopefully this will be better than that >.>

vid87

May 17, 2010
I thought it was going to be some kind of sight gag, like accidentally lighting the tree he's pissing on on fire. You're telling me he uses it as a goddamn FLAME-THROWER? ...I'm actually not sure what to think about that honestly.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well... the Marvel movies since Iron Man 2 have been on a hot streak, so based on that alone this sequel might be worth keeping in mind.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
In the successor to the worldwide hit Ghost Rider...
C'mon now, lying about it after the fact doesn't help the situation.

OT: I am excited about this. Ghost Rider is one of my favorite three Marvel characters (Hulk and Thor being the other two) needs a movie befitting his awesome backround. Nick Cage sucks my ass to be honest though. He is just not a good fit for the Johnny Blaze character. But it looks like they will have more scenes with him as Ghost Rider than the first movie, and CGI already looks better. Both are a big fat yes. I thought Crank was fun one time through when I was in the mood, but it's not exactly a good director credit.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Huh... yeah that seems like it would be better but I don't know.
Could really go either way. Looks like most of Cage's recent movie and that trailer for some reason really reminds me of Drive Angry which was... okay, I guess. Hope it's not as horrid as the first one. That was just embarrassing. Almost as bad as The Wicker Man.

Hopefully this will be better than that >.>
Haha! that's great. Reminds me of this.

It's amazing the impact music has.

OT: The first wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't great either. And also, I thought he couldn't go into the light when he's the rider?

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
If it doesn't have Sam Elliott then I don't want to see it!

Seriously, though I think I might watch this one. I at least had a good time with the first movie, even though it was REALLY flawed. I have to say though that I hated the intro to the trailer, they should have kept that stuff or something like an annotation in the video.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I just wanna see Ghostrider fucking shit up and Nicolas Cage being his all-around weird self. That's it. I have no more expectations. Not even coherence.

captcha:
(WTF?!)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
As one of the few people apparently in existence who liked Ghost Rider, I'm looking forward to this. Hadn't even realized the first one was all that successful, so I thought Marvel was done with the movie portion of the franchise.
Mind you, Ghost Rider wasn't a particularly good movie. God no. However, just like Green Lantern, it was definitely entertaining and had some absolutely kickass scenes, and I won't miss out on seeing this new one at the movies.
Oh yes, and there's the fact that I really, really like Nicholas Cage.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
The Crank movies are absolutely amazing and ridiculous, I can't wait for how crazy this will be. At least it'll be fun unlike the first movie.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
This trailer is awful. Not in the "man this movie looks terrible" way that a trailer can be bad, but as a trailer it explains next to nothing. It's just a bunch of clips of random destruction, and what appears to be Ghost Rider hurling innocent cars off the road for the hell of it. I have to admit I prefer the model for Ghost Rider in this than in the previous film, but that was the only really positive reaction to it I had. The flamethrower-dick gag was just ridiculous, and not in the way I enjoy.

MuppeTeN

Feb 20, 2011
Sonicron said:
As one of the few people apparently in existence who liked Ghost Rider, I'm looking forward to this. Hadn't even realized the first one was all that successful, so I thought Marvel was done with the movie portion of the franchise.
Mind you, Ghost Rider wasn't a particularly good movie. God no. However, just like Green Lantern, it was definitely entertaining and had some absolutely kickass scenes, and I won't miss out on seeing this new one at the movies.
Oh yes, and there's the fact that I really, really like Nicholas Cage.
You're not alone.
I like this movie a lot, wasn't perfect, but it was fun as hell for me at least.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Doesn't fill me with confidence; the only reason I liked Crank was its low-budget over-the-top action feel. And I never wanted to watch the original.

And Nicholas Cage needs to pick better movies.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
Someone actually saw the first movie and said "Now here is a story that needs to be continued?"

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Come on you didn't like Crank 1 or 2? Those are my favorite films, should tell you how much I love over the top mindless fun.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Ghostrider is the perfect marvel character for this kind of over the top-funny action popcorn blockbuster. I liked the first one but not in the same way I liked, say, any of the Avenger themed ones. Ghost Rider is a blatant product of the 70's fascination with biker "easy rider" culture and Eval Knieval (plus skulls and fire look badass.) Sure I haven't read a lot of the comic, but is it really that sacred that it's bad form to poke fun once in a while?

Besides you won't see the more serious marvel characters like the Human Torch peeing fire, or Mr. Fantastic using his powers to get a roll of toilet p-