Play Portal Creator's Next Game at PAX Prime 2011

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Play Portal Creator's Next Game at PAX Prime 2011

Kim Swift's next game is apparently "fascinating," "quirky," and playable at PAX.

Kim Swift left Valve a couple years back to join Airtight Games, and we're finally going to find out what the Dark Void [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10-The-Orange-Box] folks. The unannounced game game will be revealed and playable at the 2011 Penny Arcade Expo.

Square-Enix has played the publisher/promoter role for Airtight so far, but it's also a joint project between the studios. Any creative input from Square will presumably be detailed during the Square-Enix Presents PAX panel (7pm, Saturday, August 27 in the Pegasus theater). If you're in attendance, you'll find the playable demo at Square's booth. We'll have to wait until then for anything more detailed than what Square's saying now. Its "incredibly fascinating" and "quirky" details aren't exactly helpful.

The event is slowly becoming a hotspot for first-time showings. We saw Counter-Strike: Global Offensive [http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HAC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314032516&sr=8-1] as an as-of-yet-unseen game at PAX 2011.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
I'll be waiting with interest, since PAX is too far away from the UK for me to ever actually go to it. Hopefully it's something awesome.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well Kim has good ideas but the Dark Void guys(Airtight Games) are bad developers, that game was... it still haunts my dreams.

Aparently this new one will be a third person shooter, maybe they learned a trick or two from the last attempt.

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Dark Void was miserable, yeah, but it had a lot of really cool ideas. The flight was great, the vertical cover was sometimes cool.

D-Pad

Jul 15, 2011
Square-Enix: Trolling the gaming population since Final Fantasy VII.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
I want to know why Kim Swift left Valve, yet all I get is 404ed when I click the link.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Why would anyone leave Valve??
Sounds interesting, and I'm a huge Portal fan. Still, I'll reserve judgment given the people involved.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Wait... is this the guy who made Narbacular Drop?

Because if it is, I'm not really looking forward to this. It was Valve who made Portal great.
That would be the gal who made Narbacular Drop.
PeePantz said:
I want to know why Kim Swift left Valve, yet all I get is 404ed when I click the link.
Seriously, this.