Turn Your Xbox Live Avatar Into Robocop

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Turn Your Xbox Live Avatar Into Robocop

Robocop themed avatar items are hitting the Xbox Live store.

Now, instead of looking like a horrendous facsimile of its owner, your Xbox Live Avatar can dress as Detroit's iconic cyborg policeman. If you're feeling a little cheekier, you can go with an OCP T-shirt. A simple black tee sporting the OCP logo, which presumably brings you under the protective umbrella of Directive 4:(Classified). Best of all is the tiny ED-209 pet that will follow you around like a perpetually-homicidal puppy, presumably angrily shooting people in the face whether they're carrying a weapon or not. The items will be available on August 25th. While the price hasn't been announced, I can confirm that I would indeed "buy that for a dollar."

Like many, my interaction with my Xbox Live Avatar is limited to the occasional disgusted glance each time I see the little bastard gurning at me from the user sign-in page. He kind of almost-but-not-quite looks like me. The hair, the beard, the gut: they're all there, but arranged in such a way to be subtlety and terribly wrong. He looks like a mutant son, the kind you lock in the basement and feed unwary hitchhikers. The concept of spending money, actual real-life money, on clothes and accessories for the ungainly creature strikes me as utterly insane. It'd be like buying a fedora for Sloth from The Goonies. On the other hand, this does present the opportunity for me to play through A Kingdom for Kelflings as a justice dispensing cyborg. That's certainly worth thinking about.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/22/robocop-avatar-items-are-part-avatar-part-machine-all-cop/]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
What about female avatars?
Will they have a suitably named BREAST-plate or just a plain old breastplate?

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
Female avatars should automatically become Ann Lewis.

And children will become THIS:

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Kenjitsuka said:
note that one of the robocops is slightly thinner,... thats p[robably yhr female model

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
If they don't price every single item at one dollar (80 MS Points), I will be sorely disappointed.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Since no one has actually flat out said it, I'd buy that for a dollar. I'd might pay two as long as half goes to the Robocop statue fund for Detroit.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
tehroc said:
Since no one has actually flat out said it, I'd buy that for a dollar. I'd might pay two as long as half goes to the Robocop statue fund for Detroit.
Actually, I kind of did.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Grey Carter said:
tehroc said:
Actually, I kind of did.
I don't count yellow names. Article writers dont count as forum participators to me.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
tehroc said:
Grey Carter said:
tehroc said:
Actually, I kind of did.
I don't count yellow names. Article writers dont count as forum participators to me.
Wow, harsh.

OT: Robocop goodness! Huzzah!!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
tehroc said:
Grey Carter said:
tehroc said:
Actually, I kind of did.
That makes no sense to me at all.