Portal Turrets Spew Lead in Bastion

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
Portal Turrets Spew Lead in Bastion

Take command of Portal's most adorable murderers in the Steam version of Bastion.

To make a videogame more awesome, simply add a dash of Portal. It worked for Bit.Trip Beat, Killing Floor, and the other indie games of the Potato Sack bundle, and now it works in Bastion - well, the Steam version, anyway.

After completing the game and beginning a second adventure, The Kid can potentially discover a Gel Cannister marked with the Aperture Science logo. "A viscous substance of unknown origin, contained in a scientific aparatus," the in-game description states. It's probably not a problem. Probably. Might as well smash it open and see what happens."

This secret is the key to unlocking your own personal turret army. Watch them go "pew pew pew" in the video above.

"It's been really great working with Steam, and Portal 2 is one of my favorite games so far this year, along with The Witcher 2, plus it was a chance to collaborate again with my friend [Valve writer] Erik Wolpaw, whose writing is such an inspiration," Greg Kasavin of Supergiant Games told Ars Technica.

Kasavin also added that player-created mods may be implemented if enough copies of Bastion are sold.

Bastion is available on Steam for $14.99, and it's a fantastic port of an Xbox Live Summer of Arcade game, unlike the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111941-From-Dust-Always-On-DRM-Rumors-Denied-UPDATED>problematic Steam version of From Dust. Check out our <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9060-Bastion-Review>four-and-a-half star review for the low down.

Source: Joystiq, <a href+http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/bastion-on-the-pc-now-youre-thinking-with-portals.ars>Ars Technica

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
And queue the rampant Valve fanatics oh so present on these forums who wouldn't give the game a second look screaming "OMG MUST HAVE!!!"

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I just tried the demo of Bastion on steam...y steam no accept dirt or small rocks as payment D:

From the demo, I like it..really did, want it even more now >.<

Blank Kold

Aug 24, 2010
I love how when it's gamestop putting out exclusive content, everyone throws a fucking hissy fit. Steam does it and everyone fucking loves it.

Steven Vascellaro

Apr 2, 2010
Blank Kold said:
I love how when it's gamestop putting out exclusive content, everyone throws a fucking hissy fit. Steam does it and everyone fucking loves it.
Because Gamestop makes you Pre-Order the games for the content, advertises it, and makes you feel like your missing out.

With this promo, you can see if you want the game first, and they never even mentioned the feature themselves, instead adding it as an Easter Egg.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Blank Kold said:
Thats because all of gamestop's deals are pre-order based, which means that the content is locked away forever if you didn't pre-order. This is just platform exclusive content, nothing new, its just that this content happens to be awesome.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
I've been wanting to buy this for awhile: the turret didn't seal the deal for me so much as

Brian Albert said:
Kasavin also added that player-created mods may be implemented if enough copies of Bastion are sold.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
therandombear said:
I just tried the demo of Bastion on steam...y steam no accept dirt or small rocks as payment D:

From the demo, I like it..really did, want it even more now >.<
Hey,just trade some desperate,stupid guy one of your TF2 hats (you know,that one REALLY nice hat you got from that pre order) in exchange for this game,or are you not using Steam's fancy new trade service. (Still in Beta!) It's a pretty good plan if you know someone who would actually do that.

OT:Ok,when I heard it was on Steam I was like (Ok,now I'm interested) and now it's got Portal turrets. Holy shit,that's fucking awesome!

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
jakko12345 said:
Dear god, I can't get over how sexy smoooth the narrator's voice is
Agreed. I just played the demo and that was definitely the first thing I noticed. XD

Apr 25, 2009
WANT this game so bad. Getting it sooooooon :]

Loving the idea of mod support. Make it happen!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Now if only he got the portal gun, that would make the game way too easy. None the less this is awesome.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
LordLundar said:
And queue the rampant Valve fanatics oh so present on these forums who wouldn't give the game a second look screaming "OMG MUST HAVE!!!"
It's a great game. If this small, post-game, properly aesthetically integrated shout out nabs them a few extra sales, good on them.
And, by the way, to any third party that kind of antagonistic complaining about fanboys is a hell of a lot more annoying than the fanboys themselves.