Worst Surgery Ever: Man Sues Hospital For Implanting GPS

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Worst Surgery Ever: Man Sues Hospital For Implanting GPS

Don't you just hate it when you go in for surgery and wind up with a GPS unit implanted under your skin? A new lawsuit reveals that a guy is claiming this actually happened.

Lawsuits against hospitals for misconduct and/or carelessness aren't anything new. We've all heard at least one urban legend about a surgical rag that was left inside someone or a person getting the wrong limb amputated. That said, a new suit filed against a medical institution is making some pretty extreme claims about how a patient wound up having a GPS tracking device implanted into him without his permission or knowledge.

No, seriously, you read that right. Michael Woolman of Lincoln, Nebraska, has filed suit against Baylor Health Hopsital in Houston, claiming that he went in for tonsil and sinus surgery. After the procedure was over, he discovered a bloody armpit when he got up to go to the bathroom; sometime later, he learned that his armpit contained a post-surgery souvenir: a GPS tracking unit. Exactly how he discovered the GPS unit isn't entirely clear.

Here's part of Woolman's description about what actually went down:

I was in ,"The Room after ,surgery& I needed ,to go to the bathroom .
I got up and a nurse assisted me to ,the bathroom.
I was going to the bathroom and , I finished.
All a sudden ,My cloth started falling off, I tried to pull ,my cloths up and ,,
My arm pit was bloody, Well I thought nothing of it, at the time.
Well , I came in for a since & noise surgery,? Why is my arm pit bloody ??????
Now after ,knowing ,what Bryan LGH was doing IS
Trying a new way to track people,
By inserting a GPS Device in people, Illegally.

Woolman clearly doesn't have a lawyer helping out with the suit. Apparently in the section asking for what relief he's seeking, he wrote "pain and suffering and mental anguish" without any specific demands.

OK, so let's be honest here: It seems likely that Woolman's lawsuit is just an attempt to shake down the hospital for some money. If (and that's a mighty big "if") Woolman is telling the truth - and can prove it - then he's in for a pretty serious payday.

Source: Geek

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I think that GPS gave him issues with proper spelling and grammar. It looks like a 12 year old wrote this description.

Jul 9, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
I think that GPS gave him issues with proper spelling and grammar. It looks like a 12 year old wrote this description.
And not just because of the grammar. It's so damned far fetched. Not saying it's impossible, but come ON.

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
If it's true, this man should get a lot and deserves it. Treating people like cattle is totally unacceptable.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Come to think of it, why was his armpit bloody? That seems weird...
Not to say that this guy isn't a nutcase, it's just that now I'm curious.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Scandalous if true. I won't deny it, this sounds fishy to me, but if it actually turns out to be legit... 0_0

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
If true then the illuminati are real and their experiments in controlling the population have finally been illuminated!

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I find this story extremely suspect, especially considering the description he gave (which is just riddled with shitty spelling and grammar), and the fact that he has no demands or lawyers.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
buy teh haloz said:
And not just because of the grammar. It's so damned far fetched. Not saying it's impossible, but come ON.
It's pretty damn easy to check though. Open it up, dig around a bit, and you're done.
ike42 said:
I smell another weird EA marketing ploy.
Is EA releasing some dystopian Big Brother game then?

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Ok, so finding an incision in your armpit is probably evidence enough that someone did surgery there, but how the heck would he know they implanted something, let alone that it was a GPS tracking device? Yeah, I think the psych ward will probably be his next hospital stay,

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
If this is legitimate... Well, actually, I wouldn't say it's some government method to see where we all are. This is too blatant and stupid to be recognised as a government conspiracy, it would be much more subtle if it was. :p

Feb 13, 2008
vansau said:
ike42 said:
I smell another weird EA marketing ploy.
You, my friend, win the internet today.
I'm with vansau on this. It does, however, remind me of one of the big paranoid schizophrenic rants about how they're being implanted with GPS modules. I swear I've heard of this at least five times before - and it might be from David Icke.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
I'm suprised that he could spell GPS to be honest. My bet on which EA game this is for would be...Dante's Inferno 2: Armpit Apocalypsening