Serious Sam 3 Gets a Release Date and a Serious - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Serious Sam 3 Gets a Release Date and a Serious - UPDATED

Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://serioussam.com/] has a release date, a collector's edition and a brand-new gameplay trailer proving beyond any doubt that this game is serious.

The modern setting and iron sights seen in previous Serious Sam 3: BFE gameplay videos led to some whispers of concern among fans that the game would not be true to the legend of "Serious" Sam Stone, and that it would instead pander to the needs of the modern shooter crowd with things like regenerating health and reasonable pacing.

I think it's safe to say that is no longer a concern.

The game also finally has a release date and a ten percent discount for anyone who preorders on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/], plus another ten percent off for anyone who already owns a Serious Sam title on Steam. And for those who don't, it's a good time to pick them up, as all Serious Sam HD releases on Steam will be available for 66 percent off once Serious Sam 3 preorders begin, and 85 percent for anyone who preorders the new game at the same time.

A Digital Serious Edition of Serious Sam 3 is also up for grabs, which will include:

Serious Sam: First and Second Encounter Classic, giftable if already owned
Exclusive Making-Of Serious Sam 3: BFE Video
Exclusive Gold Fork Parker and Gold Serious Sam Multiplayer Characters
Timed Exclusive Brett Sanderson [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111519-Headless-Kamikaze-Screams-of-Glory-Goes-Behind-the-Scenes-of-Serious-Sam-3] Headless Kamikaze Multiplayer Character
Timed Exclusive DLC: Sniper Scope for AS-24 "Devastator" Weapon
Complete Collection of High-Res Serious Sam 3: BFE Trailers and Game Videos
Official Sound Track Composed by Damjan Mravunac and Undercode
Digital Artbook, High-Res Posters and Box Art

"I pledge to take one dollar from each Serious Sam 3: BFE preorder and put it towards my wife's outrageously expensive tit job," said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. "So get to preordering, nerds, I want these babies to block out the sun when I'm done with them."

Serious Sam 3: BFE comes out for the PC on October 18.

UPDATE: The Serious Sam deals and preorder offer were delayed a bit for reasons unknown but have now finally gone live. Set your wallets to "empty" at Steam's Serious Sam HD Sale! [http://store.steampowered.com/sale/SeriousSam]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hm. Nice. Certainly better than the gameplay footage I've seen so far.

Also, maybe people will finally shut up with the, "Oh no, they CoDified Sam!" I don't even like the SS games, and it still gets on my nerves.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
First I've really looked into this game. It looks like an absolute blast...buuuut considering it's a PC exclusive I'll probably give it a pass. Nothing against PC gaming, it's just that my comp would probably implode from trying to run that.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It looks seriously awesome and I watched the headless kamikaze video too it was great, wish my PC could run it but it barely runs Doom 1 so I seriously doubt it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Sgt. Sykes said:
It's all nice, but it still looks too fucking GREY for a SS title. Indeed more like Battlefield.

Also, digital 'goodies' in a digital 'special edition'? Fuck you. I want a proper special edition in a steelbox with little statues of the Mental creatures. Especially the one-eyed dude, forgot its name.
The only grey is from the little town, the rest of the desert is quite colorfull, the other levels will probably have a lot of color.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I like the description on Steam.

NO COVER. REAL MAN.

If only the prices weren't Draconian on Steam....

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think I Just came.... I need to change my pants now and Im gonna be order the fuck out of this

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I recently finished SS-HD and this doesn't look that much newer, sure they added quick time events and moar gray/brown ... but we need some improvements.

I'll still buy it, just sayin it needs to step it up a notch or two

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Mr.K. said:
Well I recently finished SS-HD and this doesn't look that much newer, sure they added quick time events and moar gray/brown ... but we need some improvements.

I'll still buy it, just sayin it needs to step it up a notch or two
But how do you go about improving balls to the wall fun?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
No cover, all man? You mean no cover system? IT'S A THING OF BEAUTY!

Now I have greater incentive to fix up my gaming PC.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The one thing I hated about SS is the annoying constant screams of the kamikaze.

darksideslayer13

May 18, 2011
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS, please sell well please and show developers that we don't some tactical shooter we want over the top action, weapons and monsters and the ability to carry all the guns we want.

I now have to explain what the scream was for and get my pre-order in.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Definite buy for me, but I have no idea when I'll find time to play it with all the other awesome releases this season!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I seriously love that Fork Parker! He's clinically insane in so many ways and he's seriously not shy about it! I want a collection of quotes by him for the serious edition, seriously!
The game seriously looks nice, but I already have the first 2 and don't have the time for this, so I'll seriously not be picking it up.

Oh, and I love that the game has a release date, but the full name isn't ever revealed, seriously, what's up with that? I seriously doubt it's gonna be anything other than before first encounter, but they haven't confirmed anything.

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
That eye-ripping thing is cool and all, but I reckon the time delay could seriously screw you over when you're being attacked en masse (i.e. all the fricking time).

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Did anyone else get put off by the music in the trailer and started thinking of Epic Meal Time?