9 Things That Would Actually Happen to a Superhero Exposed to Radiation or Mutagen

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
9 Things That Would Actually Happen to a Superhero Exposed to Radiation or Mutagen

Exposing yourself to radiation and mutagens seem like a great idea in comic books and movies, but let's look at the unsurprising reality of what would actually happen to you.

Read Full Article

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The headline is kind of misleading.

If a person was actually a 'super'hero(depending on who), nothing would happen. Such as Superman. Captain America? Sure.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I just want you to know, you are destroying dreams with this article. It's like telling a small child Santa is not real. Is that really necessary? I don't think it is.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Ok, CJ. I hear you loud and clear, but hear me out, If you expose yourself to radiation or mutagens while simultaneously being struck by lightning? Surely that would have to give you slightly more impressive set of super powers right?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
sience and tech: 9 things

tech: 9

TechN9ne!.....

......I'll see myself out..

...OT....well shit, this isn't what I needed today

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"The radical power to process lactose as an adult, allowing you to stave off osteoporosis!"
Actually, here in Holland that is pretty much the norm.
Or you can call me radically powerful, all good ;-)

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
It's good to have the power to process lactose, as an adult. I like my dairy products :D

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
When I was getting radiation treatment I kept a (twitter) diary on the progress of getting superpowers. There were a few indications it worked

* chest pain >> growing extra organs
* sore throat >> fire breathing
* my debit card wouldn't work >> magnetic powers

In the end it all came to nothing... still disappointed

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Eleuthera said:
When I was getting radiation treatment I kept a (twitter) diary on the progress of getting superpowers. There were a few indications it worked

* chest pain >> growing extra organs
* sore throat >> fire breathing
* my debit card wouldn't work >> magnetic powers

In the end it all came to nothing... still disappointed
I'm sorry to hear you had to undergo radiation treatment, but I'm glad you can now joke about it! Thanks for the laughs!

ace_of_something said:
So wait wait wait.... you're telling me that even if I was WEARING goggles. They would do nothing?
Up and atom!

Kameburger said:
Ok, CJ. I hear you loud and clear, but hear me out, If you expose yourself to radiation or mutagens while simultaneously being struck by lightning? Surely that would have to give you slightly more impressive set of super powers right?
LOL

Of course! I hadn't considered the trifecta.
Kerethos said:
It's good to have the power to process lactose, as an adult. I like my dairy products :D
Yeah, I'd hate to lose that. Did you know that most of the world can't process lactose, though? It evolved mostly in well-developed countries that include adult milk-drinking as part of the culture.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Rhykker said:
I'm sorry to hear you had to undergo radiation treatment, but I'm glad you can now joke about it! Thanks for the laughs!
Humour was one of the easier ways to deal with it. I tend to have a rather dark sense of humour anyway, but some people couldn't really deal with my being so flippant about it, "Cancer is never to be joked about". Well, "It's my disease and I'll do with it what I want." :p

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
Eleuthera said:
Rhykker said:
Humour was one of the easier ways to deal with it. I tend to have a rather dark sense of humour anyway, but some people couldn't really deal with my being so flippant about it, "Cancer is never to be joked about". Well, "It's my disease and I'll do with it what I want." :p
I'm glad you were able to have that outlook. George Carlin gave his thoughts on the matter: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=389MQqHxP2Q]

"I believe you can joke about anything. It all depends on how you construct the joke."

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Some years ago I watched a documentary about what happened to the firemen who were first on the scene after Chernobyl. Skin falling off, coughing up their own lungs, basically their entire body falling apart around them. Scores very high on my list of worst ways to die.