Bethesda Shows Off Skyrim Collector's Edition Statuette

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bethesda Shows Off Skyrim Collector's Edition Statuette

If your desk needs some scary, dragon-themed ornamentation, the Collector's Edition of Skyrim has you covered.

Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HYIAPM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=11PZ37HTPB8HYVTDX7K1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846] will have lots of dragons, but it will only have one dragon god, the dreaded Alduin, who seeks to bring ruin to all of Tamriel. Perhaps in an effort to placate the world-destroying deity, Bethesda has crafted a statuette of Alduin, which it is including in the Skyrim Collector's Edition, and is giving us a sneak peek of ahead of the game's release.

[gallery=440]

As befits a dragon, the statuette is rather large, standing 12" tall. There's a really stunning level of detail on it, from the spikes that line Alduin's back - not to mention his his face, chest and tail - to the texture on his massive wings. The dragon stands on a pedestal, which bears a runic inscription, probably the same one that graced the Game Informer cover [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106742-Dragon-Tongue-Reveals-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrims-World-Eater] from earlier this year and foretold Alduin's rise.

Bethesda says that there are more Collector's Edition goodies to come, but I can't imagine anything topping a large statuette of an angry dragon. Maybe a sword, or something, but I suppose actual weaponry is a bit much to ask. Skyrim comes out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 11th.

Source: Bethblog [http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/08/24/new-collectors-edition-pics-of-alduin]

Dec 14, 2009
That's totally worth spending more than a hundred quid on the collector's edition.

And by totally worth it, I mean you can get fucked if you think I'm spending that much on a piece of plastic.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Great for lovers of kitsch, I guess.

I'll just bother with the game myself.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
"Honey, i have so good and bad news. The good news, i got the collectors edition of Skyrim, and it comes with a foot tall dragon statue!"

":D sweet baby! Im glad you were able to get one! Whats the bad news?"

"I used most of this month's food budget to get it :) But you like ramen, so its ok right?"

While i love Bethesda, its like theyre trying to ruin my marriage.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
My nerdity is coming into conflict with my crippling tightness.

I want this, but unless it actually breathes fire I don't think I'll be paying for it.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Ya it looks good, but not good enough for me to lay down that kind of cash.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Yep, not worth it.
It would be good as a dm's screen, but I'll do what I did with shogun. Avoid, wait for price to drop considerably, swoop in for all the nifty collectors kit.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm really not into dragon statues. It would be nice if they sold the art-book separately at some point as that is really what I want. I'm not paying £180 for a book though.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I'm really not into dragon statues. It would be nice if they sold the art-book separately at some point as that is really what I want. I'm not paying £180 for a book though.
£180? It's £130.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
TheRightToArmBears said:
My nerdity is coming into conflict with my crippling tightness.

I want this, but unless it actually breathes fire I don't think I'll be paying for it.
At least we can all get that nice map, and if you're mad you can't get the statue you can always take your anger out on the one in the game.;)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
coldalarm said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
£180? It's £130.
On the Facebook page it said £180, that was quite early on though. It's still a lot to pay for a statue I don't even want.

I don't begrudge anyone else buying it. I just hope I can get the art book elsewhere.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'll admit it is a pretty cool dragon, but I'm trying to save money and buy games that I might actually like.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I feel sorry for the sucker who would buy this for around X4.5 the price of the standard edition.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
kouriichi said:
"Honey, i have so good and bad news. The good news, i got the collectors edition of Skyrim, and it comes with a foot tall dragon statue!"

":D sweet baby! Im glad you were able to get one! Whats the bad news?"

"I used most of this month's food budget to get it :) But you like ramen, so its ok right?"

While i love Bethesda, its like theyre trying to ruin my marriage.
$100 game statue followed by 100 hours lost in a game, mumbling vague replies whenever your loved one tries to talk to you?

Huh, I think you may be onto something there! :D

kurokenshi

Sep 2, 2009
Dragon statue....I need that Dragon statue....give it to me....Dragon statue...hands now please!!