Watch a Game, Buy Groceries, and Fix a Boat in Gears 3 Multiplayer Maps

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Watch a Game, Buy Groceries, and Fix a Boat in Gears 3 Multiplayer Maps

The war against the Locust hordes takes Marcus and crew to some strange places in Gears of War 3.

Epic has unveiled a whole new batch of screenshots for Gears of War 3 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0H79C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1EBN2ZEBXKJHDSHX026Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846] ahead of its release next month. This latest assortment shows off some of the game's multiplayer maps, which include a grocery store, a dry dock, and a thrashball court.

[gallery=447]

Other maps include a large, fancy, and surprisingly intact, hotel, an abandoned mountain village, and a tropical island that looks like it would make a better vacation spot than warzone. Along with shots of the levels themselves, Epic has also included overhead maps of the levels, so if you're willing to put the time in, you can try to learn the layouts before the game comes out.

[gallery=448]

The maps are rather pretty, and it's nice to get the opportunity to look at them without having to worry about being ripped to shreds by Locust gunfire. It's almost a shame that you don't get the chance to explore them in peace in the game itself.

Gears of War 3 comes out on Xbox 360 on September 20th.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If you wanted peace, just load up the local multiplayer without anybody else playing. :p

Wonder how long the "clean up on aisle six" joke will hold up.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I was seriously hoping that when I get killed in Gears 3 that it would link me to the local shopping centre and I could order my groceries.

Misleading title is misleading

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Grocery Store, Trashball field and that map with the giant crane were in the MP beta for GoW3 along with a town map.

Pretty nice maps.

Looking forward to playing them again when GoW3 is out :3

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Can't wait to fight in Anvil Gate and Vectes!

... yes I know the names...

OP: They look great! September can't come fast enough!

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I reckon that the combination of Horde 2.0, multiplayer, Beast Mode and the awesome campaign will keep people interested in Gears 3 for many years to come. Awesome!

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Will be good to get into the maps again I remember from the beta. That construction site trench map was for some seriously tense DM & CTL matches! It'll soon be time to take my goldplated retro lancer for a spin again! :D

Simple Bluff said:
I'm not going to be satisfied until I'm fighting inside the belly of a giant worm.
That would be nice, also.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
There seems to be a theme with these screenshots... what is it? hmmm down? frown? town? gown? noun? soun'? ... no that's not it...

EDIT: Sorry my mistake, they've mixed it up a bit with some grey :D