See Your Battlefield 3 Pre-Order Goodies in Action

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
See Your Battlefield 3 Pre-Order Goodies in Action

This trailer shows off the rewards you'll receive for pre-ordering Battlefield 3 from <a href=http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-battlefield+3>GameStop or EA's <a href=http://store.origin.com/store/ea/pd/productID.224766400>Origin service.

The Physical Warfare Pack <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110985-Battlefield-3s-Pre-Order-Firepower-Upsets-Gamers>includes the Type 88 light machine gun (seen in Bad Company 2), the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun with tungsten flechette ammo, and a flash suppressor for the SKS sniper rifle.

According to this video, when you point one of these weapons at the bad men, it makes them scream and fall over.

While these death dealers look undeniably cool, don't worry too much if you're not planning to pre-order. EA recently <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112034-Battlefield-3-Preorder-Bonuses-Revealed-UPDATED>confirmed that the contents of this pack are a timed-exclusive, and will be made available to all Battlefield 3 players "later this year."

The pack also comes bundled with the Back to Karkand expansion, which contains four popular maps from Battlefield 2 updated for use in the Frostbite 2 engine: Wake Island, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Strike at Karkand.

Now, let's get that beta rolling.

Battlefield 3 will release on October 25 for the Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
too bad that ea seems determined to eff up the pc version, origin and no in game menu system, eff it

cke

Jun 20, 2010
Worgen said:
too bad that ea seems determined to eff up the pc version, origin and no in game menu system, eff it
I'll still buy it, even EA can't ruin my opinion of Dice.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Worgen said:
Except that EA had nothing to do with the in game menu system. DICE developed Battlelog to work with it, not EA; and the system works pretty well as most people who have played the alpha will attest to.

As for Origin, I'm not knocking it until I use it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Worgen said:
Except that EA had nothing to do with the in game menu system. DICE developed Battlelog to work with it, not EA; and the system works pretty well as most people who have played the alpha will attest to.

As for Origin, I'm not knocking it until I use it.

considering that the original ula for it literally made it spyware (it would gather as much data as it could from you so they could sell it to 3rd party marketers) I dont want that shit anywhere near my comp

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I'm getting more excited about this FPS showdown. CoD vs Battlefield. Who will win? The FPS junkie.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Looks pretty sweet, it is such a shame they have done everything in their power to make me hate them. COD may be generic, but atleast it doesnt make me sign over all my intel to them to play one singular game.

jk, Imma play some 2fort, haaaaaaats.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
While I am looking forward to this game, I just seriously hope it doesnt descend into what BF2 has become. Spawn camping, eeeeeeendless grenade spam and, it seems, a minimum requirement of at least 48 bastard snipers per map.

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
wooty said:
While I am looking forward to this game, I just seriously hope it doesnt descend into what BF2 has become. Spawn camping, eeeeeeendless grenade spam and, it seems, a minimum requirement of at least 48 bastard snipers per map.
Are we even playing the same game?

It's not that hard to find a server that doesn't allow spawn camping. I haven't noticed anyone chucking grenades with any more frequency than any other fps. The sniper thing is somewhat true, but honestly, if an entire side is filled with nothing but snipers they probably aren't that good to begin with.

Keep your head down or flank with an armored vehicle. Better yet, run them over.

Anyway, October can't come fast enough. I pre-ordered, but I couldn't care less about the timed exclusives. I just wanted the game as fast as possible.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Zeekar said:
wooty said:

It's not that hard to find a server that doesn't allow spawn camping. I haven't noticed anyone chucking grenades with any more frequency than any other fps. The sniper thing is somewhat true, but honestly, if an entire side is filled with nothing but snipers they probably aren't that good to begin with.

Keep your head down or flank with an armored vehicle. Better yet, run them over.

Anyway, October can't come fast enough. I pre-ordered, but I couldn't care less about the timed exclusives. I just wanted the game as fast as possible.
I'll agree with you on October being too far away right now, and I'll also level with you on my gripes. It does depend on the server really, but the grenade spam is mainly locked into my three favourite maps, Karkand, Blue Pearl and Sharqi Peninsula, which is a shame to say the least. The snipers are easy enough I guess, once you manage to get out the field of fire, I always make a point of knifing them, I rarely shoot.

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
Dear DICE, that's an Armsel Striker, not a DAO-12 (there isn't even a gun with that name, as far as I know).

[/pedant]

Zeekar

Jun 1, 2009
wooty said:
Zeekar said:
wooty said:

I'll agree with you on October being too far away right now, and I'll also level with you on my gripes. It does depend on the server really, but the grenade spam is mainly locked into my three favourite maps, Karkand, Blue Pearl and Sharqi Peninsula, which is a shame to say the least. The snipers are easy enough I guess, once you manage to get out the field of fire, I always make a point of knifing them, I rarely shoot.
Yeah, their biggest weakness is that they can get so focused on their scope that they forget things that are right behind them.