Atlus Issues Release Date, New Trailer For Persona 2 PSP

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Atlus Issues Release Date, New Trailer For Persona 2 PSP

[video=4123]

Persona 2: Innocent Sin is coming to the PSP very soon, and we've got the trailer to prove it.

For those of you who don't keep up on your Persona lore outside of occasionally sneering at the game's overtly sexualized Japanese tie-in toys, Persona 2: Innocent Sin is the long-awaited English-language debut of what Atlus' PR wizards call "the lost Persona."

Though its follow-up, Eternal Punishment was released on the original PlayStation, Innocent Sin never got the localization treatment, for reasons to convoluted and depressing to get into here.

With the renewed interest in the series spawned by the brilliant Persona 3 and the somehow even more brilliant Persona 4 however, Atlus has finally decided to bring the game Stateside. It hits retail shelves on September 20.

As per usual Atlus standards, those of you who purchase the game will also be treated to "a free mini-soundtrack CD featuring 10 tracks from the game's musical score" and, presumably, the jealousy of those poor souls left clutching Teddy [http://www.google.com/search?q=teddy%20persona&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1193&bih=682] plush dolls and cursing their lack of Sony's current-gen portable.

Oh, but what of the game? I'll let Atlus explain:

Over 12 years in the making, the official localization of Innocent Sin provides patient fans with a dark RPG epic about reality being twisted by rumors and high school students who must draw on their inner strengths, their Personas, to bring back order. Taking advantage of PSP system's 16:9 aspect ratio, higher resolution display, superior audio, and increased horsepower, this remastered version of one of the pinnacles of ATLUS' flagship Shin Megami Tensei franchise delivers the game in style with a sleek new interface, new sidequests in the Climax Theater, and the player's choice of the fully remixed or original soundtrack.

Updated graphics, updated sound and angsty teenagers fighting the forces of darkness. Throw in a few million words of overly verbose critical fawning and that's pretty much Persona in a nutshell.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I've had this baby on Pre-Order forever, I'll just have to wait the extra 6 weeks to arrive here by mail.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
I'd remove the Teddy link. Rule 34.
OP: This is kind of old news. Amazon and GameStop have had this as the release date for weeks.
Oh god, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out! Excuse me, while I go cleanse my eyes with fire.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
The fan-tran was pretty good, made P2:p2 make a LOT more sense.

I just hope they don't stop loving money and 'forget' to release an update to the PSP (or PSV) of Persona 2: Part 2.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
I wonder about the new translation. The fan translation was pretty good.

I wonder if Persona 3 / 4 fans will dig it? Much deeper systems, but no dating-sim crap.

Oh yeah, and Hitler's in it. No foolin'.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Now people who played 'Eternal Punishment' can officially find out the caue of the events in the 'Other World'

They will now also all the references to Persona 2 in Persona 3

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
nohorsetown said:
Oh yeah, and Hitler's in it. No foolin'.
Although there were no issues with the controversial subject matter for the original Playstation release of Innocent Sin in Japan, the PSP remake has a bit of censoring: Hitler's name is changed to Führer, Nazis are changed to "Imperial Soldiers", Hitler now wears sunglasses and a coat to cover his uniform, and all swastikas have been replaced by iron crosses. It is unknown if these changes were retained for the North American release.
it might not after all.