New EVE Online Expansion Coming Soon

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New EVE Online Expansion Coming Soon

EVE Online [http://www.ccpgames.com/] that will introduce pilot medals, a new certificate system and changes to industrial ships, "the backbone of EVE's vibrant economy."

EVE Online: Quantum Rise also features behind-the-scenes upgrades to server hardware and improvements in server-client communications, bringing to life the possibility of multi-fleet battles featuring thousands of ships in simultaneous combat and allowing CCP to implement even more improvements in the future as they work toward creating the most massive player vs. player experience possible. Quantum Rise will be the long-running game's ninth free expansion.

"We are very proud to be delivering this expansion, both in terms of features and the sheer performance increases made possible by deep refactoring of selected portions of our network and server code, complimented with the finest hardware we could find," said EVE Online Senior Producer Torfi Frans Ólafsson. "I can't imagine a better game where you can engage hundreds of people simultaneously in highly immersive tactical combat or simply sit back and make millions off of the conflict via research, manufacturing or logistics. You choose your destiny; that's the beauty of it."

The EVE Online: Quantum Rise expansion will include other game tweaks and enhancements as well as further additions to the major graphics upgrade that was implemented as part of the eveonline.com [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/79385].

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
TsunamiWombat post=7.74202.826026 said:
EVE Online: Quantum Rise!

NOW WITH MORE FLOWCHARTS AND LESS GAMEPLAY!
That's some nice flamebait ya got there. It's in all capitals and ignores this:

bringing to life the possibility of multi-fleet battles featuring thousands of ships in simultaneous combat and allowing CCP to implement even more improvements in the future as they work toward creating the most massive player vs. player experience possible

Less gameplay indeed.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Quantum Rise will be the long-running game's ninth free expansion.
I have a question. Do they have patches in between expansions? Like...content patches, not bug fixes.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Amnestic post=7.74202.826096 said:
Quantum Rise will be the long-running game's ninth free expansion.
I have a question. Do they have patches in between expansions? Like...content patches, not bug fixes.
A few.. mostly balancing patches and maybe a few new Items. And of course if they need a new solar system they can just press a few keys an *poof* there you go

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
From what I heard (admitedly from Yahtzee) is that the game was incredibly thick and uh...slow and deep*shrug*