Become the Batman at GAMEfest

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Become the Batman at GAMEfest

Batman: Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315826825&sr=8-1] joins the list of eagerly awaited games on show at the inaugural GAMEfest event.

UK gamers are going to get their first opportunity to clean up the streets of Arkham City by attending the GAMEfest later this month. This will be the first time that members of the public in the UK have had an opportunity to try out the game for themselves.

Arkham City joins a pretty prestigious line up of games that attendees will be able to see and/or try at the event. Other games on show include Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Dark Souls, Skyward Sword and Skyrim. As the name suggests, GAMEfest is operated by UK retailer GAME, and event is only open to GAME reward card holders.

You're going to have to be pretty quick if you want to grab tickets for GAMEfest. It starts on September 16th - this Friday - at the Birmingham NEC, and runs through to Sunday, September 18th. According to the show's website, all the tickets for Saturday are gone, so if you want to attend, Friday or Sunday are your only choices. Tickets cost £10, and if you want to attend, you can get tickets here [http://events.game.co.uk/gamefest/buy-tickets/].

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 18th.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/318308/batman-arkham-city-first-uk-hands-on-at-gamefest/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS]

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
What? But I'm a reward card holder! I knew having one of those might come in handy.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
I really wanted to go to this, unfortunately it's the week before I go back to university and I'm swamped with stuff (yay for decorating and building garages)

Hopefully if it's running next year I'll be able to make it, provided the line-up is good :p

Dec 14, 2009
How did they manage to organise this?

They couldn't even get my games to me on time, let alone sort out an event.

Plan10FromSpace

Sep 7, 2011
I really wanted to go to this, my friends and I were going down together until we discovered train tickets were going to cost a ridiculous amount. Im still thinking of grabbing a last minute ticket, I just wish i knew what else would be there other than the games on display.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Eh, no thanks. I can wait until Eurogamer Expo, which is like less an a week away from GAMEfest.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Yay. SO glad I'm going to this. Arkham City is one of my most eagerly anticipated games. Roll on the weekend! Also I'm going down with a bunch of my Escapist homies. It's going to be awesome.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's about damn time that UK got a gaming convention, but why GAME? Also, why am I just hearing about this now??

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Stop making me want Saturday to hurry the fuck up!

Though, to be fair, this has been known to me since end of August. I check that site furiously and frequently. Bring on playable Saint's Row The Third!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
jackanderson said:
Stop making me want Saturday to hurry the fuck up!

Though, to be fair, this has been known to me since end of August. I check that site furiously and frequently. Bring on playable Saint's Row The Third!
See folks there!
I'll be the lass with the walking stick and the dreamy look in her eyes (so many games!)

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'm going Saturday and Sunday with a few other Escapist members, I cannot fooking wait!