Trenched Becomes Iron Brigade in North America, Too

MitchyD

Feb 11, 2008
Trenched Becomes Iron Brigade in North America, Too

Free DLC and a new name are coming to the game formerly known as Trenched.

After some brief legal drama [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112356-Trenched-Gets-New-Name-European-Release] last month, developer Double Fine was forced to rename Trenched, its tower-defense-meets-giant-robots Xbox Live Arcade title, to Iron Brigade for its European release. Now, despite the name change only applying to European territories, the Iron Brigade brand is coming to North America, too, and it's bringing some free DLC content along with it.

The developer's issue isn't out of any fear for another lawsuit, but for multiplayer compatibility. Games of separate names are unable to connect with each other on Xbox Live. By changing the name globally, Double Fine extends each region's online reach. Finally, Joe McAmerica, you'll finally be able to troll around the battlefield with Queen Elizabeth.

The American change is part of a free update coming later this month, which includes some new stuff for players to tinker with. New weapons for your robot, clothes for your pilot, and a wave-based survival mode come bundled with the patch free of charge.

Iron Brigade releases in Europe September 22nd.

Source: GamesRadar [http://www.tested.com/news/rewatch-the-big-live-live-show-not-live-archived-here/910/]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
FINALLY! Survival mode!! How they missed that the first time around is mind-baffling.
I have no problems with the name change, it's for the better and it's not a bad name. I actually prefer it.
Also, MitchyD, I haven't seen you before, welcome to the Escapist and stay out of my basement.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Iron Brigade sounds cooler anyways. I wonder if they'll do a PC release after they finish up with the 360 version.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Iron brigade sounds a bit more... generic, but anyway, COME TO THE PC DAMMIT!!!!

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
That board game better be pretty damn epic to make Double Fine change theirs to a generic one like that.