Critical Miss: Sexism and/or Racism

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Mark D. Stroyer said:
I wholly support forum ques.

But where'd it come from this time?
Possibly the "joke" someone put in a piece of Dead Island coding, calling a female character a feminist whore in code for a skill that would do extra damage against male zombies.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
For some reason when I first saw the title of the piece I thought it was the LESBIANS title all over again, shocking title trying to spark interest. Then I remembered the Dead Island thing and realized it was probably based on that. Then I finally realized how flash-in-the-pan I thought the entire Dead Island issue was when it's no longer on my mind untill I force myself to remember it.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I should have seen this one coming, considering your twitter feed recently. I very much appreciate the sentiment of this one.

Feb 13, 2008
It's actually quite annoying. When there's a valid point there about how something ISN'T actually sexist/racist/petist/treeist and your local petulant douchebag agrees with you and says they should go back to the kitchen/their own country/the vet/the match-maker.

Can we just have an -ist for lame idea big mouths?

(That doesn't include me, of course)

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I love how this comes out as the same time Mock The Week gets accused of Sexism.

It applies to more then games.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Agent Larkin said:
I love how this comes out as the same time Mock The Week gets accused of Sexism.

I'm a big mock the week fan. Though being here in the colonies I'm way behind, what happened?

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Agent Larkin said:

I'm a big mock the week fan. Though being here in the colonies I'm way behind, what happened?

Nothing new, most female stand ups say its sexist. That's all, its been going on a while. I must say, I do find if funny but it does stray into blokes in pubs territory a little too often.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
albino boo said:
Grey Carter said:
Agent Larkin said:

Nothing new, most female stand ups say its sexist. That's all, its been going on a while. I must say, I do find if funny but it does stray into blokes in pubs territory a little too often.
I'm tempted to agree. Some of the gay jokes n the earlier seasons were a little thoughtless. On the other hand, some of them were funny and Frankie Boyle has said far worse. That Diana joke, holy shit.

Feb 13, 2008
Grey Carter said:
That Diana joke, holy shit.
Or the Hammond joke.

Thing was, QI actually addressed this...

And haven't Lucy Porter, Fiona Allen, Jo Brand, Jo Caulfield, Lauren Laverne, Shappi Khorsandi been on?

Sarah Millican and Andi Osho are often on, and they're fantastic.

On the subject of Jo Brand

Jo Brand said:
?What?s the way to a man?s heart? Straight through the chest with a kitchen knife!?
Yeah...I can see even Frankie getting booed off for gender-reversing that.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Agent Larkin said:

I was going to answer but the people above already have. It's just this week the row surfaced again. First I noticed was the outpouring of support on twitter.

Also if you want to keep up to date I advise you to 100% not follow this link to a very useful youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mrmoody

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Loved the boobs on the man in the last panel.
Grey Carter said:
albino boo said:
Grey Carter said:
Agent Larkin said:

I'm tempted to agree. Some of the gay jokes n the earlier seasons were a little thoughtless. On the other hand, some of them were funny and Frankie Boyle has said far worse. That Diana joke, holy shit.
And that's why Frankie Boyle is my favourite comedian :p
I've watched a lot of MTW, and they have had a lot of female comedians there, the reason they haven't returned much is cuz maybe only one has been funny...
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That was hilarious, thank you for that.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I normally just quote "Stirring the Shit pot" and move on.
Mostly because the instant something gets slapped with racism/sexism/ect-ism the discussion value of the topic immediately plummets to zero and who are involved are simply wasting their breath (or bits).

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
Mark D. Stroyer said:
I wholly support forum ques.

But where'd it come from this time?
Possibly the "joke" someone put in a piece of Dead Island coding, calling a female character a feminist whore in code for a skill that would do extra damage against male zombies.
Could be because dead island seems to blame back people for zombies. The story line leaves it open to a few possibilities but there are collectable facts that are pretty unanimous in who they blame.