You Won't Object To These Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright Screens

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
You Won't Object To These Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright Screens

In case you needed more reasons to start banging on Level 5's door, demanding that they start localizing the 3DS Professor Layton/Ace Attorney crossover THIS VERY INSTANT, here's some screenshots.

For the uninitiated, the upcoming Professor Layton/Ace Attorney cross over, or as it's called in Japan Layton-kyōju Vs Gyakuten Saiban (literally: "Professor Layton Vs. Turnabout Trial"), is, as its title suggests, a peanut-butter-and-jam-style mix of Capcom's Ace Attorney series and Level 5's globe-trotting puzzle franchise Professor Layton. The game sees bumbling defense attorney Phoenix Wright and renowned puzzle-solver and matchstick-arranger Hershel Layton both transported to a medieval city where they must defend a young girl accused of being a witch. It's got gameplay elements from both its component series and it looks absolutely gorgeous. It's a shame Level 5 has "no plans" to release the game anywhere outside of Japan then, isn't it?

[gallery=485]

Well, regardless of whether you think Level 5 legitimately has no plans to release the game in the west, or they're just playing hard-to-get to build up anticipation - the recent opening of a Level 5 office in the US and the Facebook poll on which games fans want to see localized [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111927-Facebook-Poll-Teases-Layton-vs-Phoenix-Wright-Localization] seem like big hints - you can now take a peek at what Phoenix, Layton and Layton's dedicated young uh ... sidekick look like in 3D.

Source: Famitsu [http://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/15050230.html]

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
The 3D looks.... Odd... But yeah, apparently its coming states side or Capcom is the biggest tease ever.

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
thanks to nintendos retarded region locking of the 3DS even if it comes to the US it wont make it to europe. We'll just get the plain vanilla marios, mario karts, zeldas and a crap load of shovelware

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Hey, y0, you got the title wrong. Ditch the first [/i] and you're good to go.

But I think you know this ^^

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
When I moused over this title, the alt text window just read "You won", leaving the remainder off. I have never been so relieved.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I just recently finished all three Poenix Wright games and I really liked them and combined with Professor Layton, I don't think there is much that could go wrong.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Now all I'll hear in my head is Phoenix Wright asking Professor Layton, in Plinkett's voice, "What is wrong with your faaace!?"

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
That sounds like the dumbest plot ever. Not only that, the gameplay of both games are extremely different. Layton is a series of minigames almost entirely disconnected from the so called story, while Pheonix Wright is the exact opposite, a throwback to the old point and click adventure games. Who came up with this idea!?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That image with the Professor doing Wright objection pose is just pure fanservice. Now if only we will get to heard Phoenix Wright saying something along the line "This remind me of a puzzle" will be pure bliss.

Jul 9, 2008
I'm currently on the third Phoenix Wright game and a bit of the way into the first Professor Layton, and there is nothing I want more than this.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
That image with the Professor doing Wright objection pose is just pure fanservice. Now if only we will get to heard Phoenix Wright saying something along the line "This remind me of a puzzle" will be pure bliss.
The Professor does the objection pose in the games.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
BlackWidower said:
Not only that, the gameplay of both games are extremely different. Layton is a series of minigames almost entirely disconnected from the so called story, while Pheonix Wright is the exact opposite, a throwback to the old point and click adventure games.
I agree; I love the latter but couldn't get through the former, for these reasons exactly. I can't imagine how they could have fused the ideas in a way that'd appeal to someone who likes one but not the other.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Ok Capcom...what have we done? What horrific, unforgivable crime have your fanbase and gamers in general committed for you to do these things to us?

The new game in Devil May Cry...not really looking like Devil May Cry, Cancelling megaman legends, and now you're not localizing this game which would likely sell faster then chocolate chip hot-cakes with marshmallows on top....WHAT DID WE DO!? What have we done for you to torture us like this?

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
Trasken said:
thanks to nintendos retarded region locking of the 3DS even if it comes to the US it wont make it to europe. We'll just get the plain vanilla marios, mario karts, zeldas and a crap load of shovelware
I'd say it would be more likely for the game to be released in Europe than in the states. NoE has been far better at translating and publishing games from Japan in recent years and also about 50% of the worldwide sales of Professor Layton has come from Europe.