Skyrim Fan Gets Team Fortress 2 In His Elder Scrolls

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Skyrim Fan Gets Team Fortress 2 In His Elder Scrolls

Move over Sasha, the Heavy has dragon shouts now.

YouTube user Armago24X [http://www.youtube.com/user/Armago24X] has taken two things that he loves - Team Fortress 2 and Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004HYK956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316084417&sr=8-1] - and fused them into one delightful whole, taking the Skyrim hero trailer and recreating it entirely in Valve's team-based shooter.

Arm's effort recreates the original trailer shot for shot, using custom TF2 maps to replicate Skyrim's forests and towns, and the different unlockable weapons to properly capture the myriad guises of the Dohvakiin. The remade trailer actually adds a few things as well, like showing the Daedra hordes that invaded Cyrodiil in Oblivion, something that Bethesda's version leaves out.

The remade trailer is pretty funny on its own - I love the Pyro as the dragon - but it's even better if you watch it alongside the actual trailer, which I've included below for your delectation.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 11th.

Source: GamePro [http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222954/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-remade-in-team-fortress-2/]

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
The special effects with the cow mangler and the medigun were very clever. :)

Although now I want a real cp_Skyrim in the game!

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Thats hilarious to watch! So much thought must have gone into that.

Wait till this goes viral (If it hasn't already. The Escapist is often slow at catching stories when they break). I can see these guys getting promotional stuff from either Bethesda or Valve, or both!

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Hmm and people always complained about those silly hats...

I guess they do have a use...

I did indeed laugh

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Goddammit, I was just thinking about doing a similar parody myself. Oh well, this one is leagues better than anything I could have come up with.

I laughed much harder than I thought I would at "POOTIS POW!"

Korias

Sep 9, 2009
OH MY.

ALL OF MY MONEY. TAKE IT.

OT: Honestly, wow. That got me fangirling all over the place here. I went ahead and put the two side by side and its such a great recreation of the trailer. It was only a matter of time though since they put Dovahkin's helmet in TF2.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
It depresses me to watch things like this. Knowing that I can never do things like this makes me sad. This was funny though. The way they used some of the equipment in the game was really awesome.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
POOTISPOW!
This shall be my new catch phrase. Also, there'd better be a mod for Skyrim that replaces all shouts with that sound.