Ghostbusters Receives Theatrical Reanimation

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Ghostbusters Receives Theatrical Reanimation

[facebook_video=964942036262]​

There's something strange (and amazing) in the neighborhood ...

Ghostbusters fans may be salivating at the fact that the third film is finally getting the green light, but it's still at least a couple of years away from actually coming to theaters. However, movie audiences are getting an opportunity to see the antics of everybody's favorite bumbling heroes on the big screen once again, and it's happening spookily soon.

The original Ghostbusters film's return to movie theaters was announced via the franchise's official Facebook page:

Remember seeing Ghostbusters in theaters back in 1984? We bet you don't -- so we're giving you a second chance! Whether you've seen it one time or a hundred times, don't miss this modern classic's return to the big screen this October.

Exactly how widespread this movie re-release will be (or for how long it'll last) remains to be seen. Presumably more details will be announced via Facebook soon.

Oh, and before you ask: No. A theatrical re-release of Ghostbusters II has definitely not been announced. Presumably because the goal of this campaign is to give rise to a new generation of fans, not drive them away in droves.

Source: <a href=https://www.facebook.com/Ghostbusters>Ghostbusters via <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/09/the_best_possible_ghostbusters_movie_is_coming_to.php>Topless Robot

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Yeah. I work at a cinema, and I saw an e-mail from the distributor about this, and I begged my manager to get it for Halloween (as far as I know it'll be released around then based on the e-mail I read).

Since we're a small cinema in the UK and we got the offer I'd say it looks to be a fairly widespread release.

I hope that answers your questions.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I'm one of those people that have seen it like 100 times, man. You bet your ass I'm watching it on the big screen now that I have the chance.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Hell. Yes. I didn't hate the second one though =/ I can understand the sentiment though.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So much hate on the second movie. I didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't that GOOD, of course, but it wasn't that bad either.

Still, granted that even I was only 9 years old when the original hit the theatres, it's probably good that a new generation will get a chance to see one of the more awesome movies to grace the late 20th century on the big screen. I only wonder if they plan to give the special effects a revamp a la the Star Trek: The Next Generation DVD box set; I don't know that they really aged all that well.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
That article lies! I very much remember watching it in a theater back in '84. It was the first movie I saw once we returned stateside. If it happens to hit a theater here, I'll gladly see it again. Great movie.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Oh a realising Ghost-buster again, that's so original...wait in theatres, they re-releasing it in theatres.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Fuck. Yes.

I approve of the fact that many classic films are being re-released in theatres these days.

Although I have to ask, why does everyone hate Ghostbusters 2? Granted it's not as good as the first, but I've always failed to see what's so horrible about it.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Finally, this movie can serve as PSA to not cross the beams.
Because we all remember what happened last time.....
[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Ghostbusters 2.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Jonny49 said:
Although I have to ask, why does everyone hate Ghostbusters 2? Granted it's not as good as the first, but I've always failed to see what's so horrible about it.
I don't understand it myself. Maybe it's because I grew up with Ghostbusters 1 & 2 that I remember them both fondly.

Perhaps if I saw it for the first time now, I'd say it was garbage?

But I can't see myself doing that, because it's a movie with younger Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Morranis, and Ernie Hudson in a film called "Ghostbusters 2".... which is still better than many modern films....

...and I can already say that Ghostbusters 2 is better than Ghostbusters 3 by definition above, without #3 even having been filmed. Amazing.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
He is Octafish. Your dismissal of Ghostbusters 2 is like the buzzing of flies to him.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
I will be at the first showing nearby. I wasn't alive when the first came out and only a few months old when the second did so this will awesome.

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
Oh god yes. Dreams becoming a reality.

There are no words for my excitement at this very moment.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I wasn't around to see it in 1984, but I first watched it on Betamax way back when. I bet there are even less people that remember doing that.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
That movie was one of the few movies I watched every waking moment when I was a little kid. I'm shocked that my parents actually let me see that considering how conservative their views are on letting kids watch movies.

So this is all I have to say when hearing about this announcement:

HELL YEAH!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008

What the hell do you think? [http://www.cosplay.com/costume/309100/]

I must get the boyfriend to go with me to see this (along with The Lion King, god that movie is awesome)!