Critical Miss: Gears of War

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
So far the splits in 3 don't last too long and one direction seems to be able to provide cover for the other. The worst in act 1 is the stadium the one direction gets stuck fighting a giant glowie while the other tries figuring out that they are providing cover

unwesen

May 16, 2009
It's a horror film trope. Every time I hear "let's split up" I want to scream.

Omegalus

Nov 8, 2010
I knew shaggy and scobby would do anything for Scooby Snacks but i didn't think of they'd go this far, then again the rest of them are too interested in the mystery of the Locust to give them much choice i suppose

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
You know, every plot could be resolved by a couple of meddling kids when get in the way of the antagonist.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I found it especially funny in Gears of War 3 with all the excuses they came up with to keep four man squads only.

"Okay, we're going to attack the strongest enemy in the whole game! Jace, Sam, go back to the ship!"

"But Marcus, you'll need our help!"

"Shut up! We've only got four player Co-op, and nobody's gonna pick you over Cole!"

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Heh scooby and shaggy look WAY too determined, shouldn't they be cowering in a corner somewhere?

The Gentleman said:
Jinkies Marcus, I need to say that that never really worked out for us when we did that before.
Also this, heck one group (no prizes for guessing which) would often blunder straight into traps set by the other group.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
So wait... someone else on the Escapist thinks that cover based shooting isn't a negative trait in modern shooters? I thought I was the only one.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Hey Scooby! Wanna run head first into an army of Locust? Risking your life for the fate of humanity?

Scooby: Ruh uh!

Would you do it for a Scooby-Snack?

Scooby: Rokay!

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
drkchmst said:
So far the splits in 3 don't last too long and one direction seems to be able to provide cover for the other. The worst in act 1 is the stadium the one direction gets stuck fighting a giant glowie while the other tries figuring out that they are providing cover
Having played through the entire game I can say that none of the splits last for very long at all. I only recall 3 or 4 of them in the whole campaign and each is pretty much either 'High Ground Cover Position' or 'In the thick of the fight'. Normally less than 5 minutes each or so.

Sep 14, 2009
fucking lolll

Plus all the wonderful comments already...

but, still, fuck youuuu now i need to go watch scooby doo again...*nostalgia level rising*

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
"One of Gears of War's running themes is angry-porkchop Marcus Fenix's constant Scoobian desire to split his squad of gargantuan man-children into smaller, less efficient, groups of two."

While I disagree with your analysis on military tactics, I do however, agree that they use it the wrong way.