Aliens Infestation Includes Bishop's Awesome Knife Trick

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008

Aliens Infestation hopes to feature all the coolest bits from James Cameron's 1986 sci-fi action masterpiece Aliens, including a certain cyborg's incredible display of bladesmanship.

Haven't seen Aliens? Allow me to paint a scene for you.

This being 1986, Lance Henriksen was contractually obligated to appear in every science fiction movie made in Hollywood. As such, he played the role of Bishop, a synthetic humanoid sent to LV-426 with a team of colonial space marines to serve as something of a general purpose scientist/doctor/engineer/pilot. The team has been tasked by the Weyland Yutani corporation (under the auspices of the government) with exploring a settlement that mysteriously stopped communicating with the home office. Given that the Weyland Yutani higher-ups secretly want to capture and study the Geiger-esque physical incarnation of forced sodomy that is the xenomorph, things go wonky in short order.

There's a scene toward the beginning of the film where Bishop is dining with his human companions, and they entreat the faux man to do "the knife trick." He grabs Bill Paxton's hand, places it on top of his own, and the next few moments are the most impressive feat of knifeplay ever committed to celluloid.

While millions of kids around the country would inevitably attempt the "knife trick" and a few even managed to keep all their fingers, few actually succeeded at pulling the thing off. According to the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine [http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=40419.msg1198607#msg1198607] however, those legions will get another shot at it when Aliens Infestation hits the DS on October 11.

Though the magazine doesn't offer much detail on what it calls "one of the best movie tie-in minigame[sic] we've seen," it does offer a single picture of a splayed hand with blood pooling between the middle digits. Aside from the gore, it's a visual that should be very familiar to fans of Aliens.

As far as call-backs to the film series go, this is indeed brilliant, but I've still got my fingers crossed that the game includes a certain segment of Paxton's dialogue that, thematically speaking, would fit perfectly in this new medium. If developer WayForward somehow forgets to include this bit of histrionics [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY], I'm going to be very sad.

Source: Tiny Cartridge [http://tinycartridge.com/post/10690445225/bishops-knife-trick-re-created-as-a-touchscreen]

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
He grabs Bill Paxton's hand, places it on top of his own, and the next few moments are the most impressive feat of knifeplay ever committed to celluloid.
Slight correction.....

It's Drake that grabs Hudsons hand and Bishop puts his on top.

<<< Aliens fan'man'.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Not interested if there is no Apone. Might be interested if the Lieutenant can't get your name right.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
forced sodomy
Really? I've seen every Alien film and even those godawful Alien Vs. Predator movies, the latter of which featured the mouth rape and forced abortion of a pregnant woman in a maternity ward, but I don't recall ever seeing any butt sex in an Alien movie.

Cool that they used the trick, though.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
And i came to reading this article thinking it was going to be a decent game on a decent console.. how wrong i was.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
funguy2121 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
forced sodomy
Really? I've seen every Alien film and even those godawful Alien Vs. Predator movies, the latter of which featured the mouth rape and forced abortion of a pregnant woman in a maternity ward, but I don't recall ever seeing any butt sex in an Alien movie.

"the Geiger-esque physical incarnation of forced sodomy that is the xenomorph"

As in Geiger the artist who designed the Alien. This is the posters description of some of his art work, not an illusion to any kind of undertone to the movie. And he's not far off, really check it out. Messed up stuff.

Also designed Sil and the messed up dream sequences from the Species movies.

Edit: Oh and the messed up game Dark Seed. Nearly forgot that one. Man was that one creepy game.

dosp5

May 14, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:

While millions of kids around the country would inevitably attempt the "knife trick" and a few even managed to keep all their fingers, few actually succeeded at pulling the thing off. According to the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine [http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=40419.msg1198607#msg1198607] however, those legions will get another shot at it wen Aliens Infestation hits the DS on October 11.

you misspelled "when" as wen.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
ph0b0s123 said:
funguy2121 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
forced sodomy

"the Geiger-esque physical incarnation of forced sodomy that is the xenomorph"

As in Geiger the artist who designed the Alien. This is the posters description of some of his art work, not an illusion to any kind of undertone to the movie. And he's not far off, really check it out. Messed up stuff.

Also designed Sil and the messed up dream sequences from the Species movies.

Edit: Oh and the messed up game Dark Seed. Nearly forgot that one. Man was that one creepy game.
All of Geiger's stuff is weird, agreed.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
I am the ULTIMATE badass! STATE of the BAD ASS ART!

and;

Yeah man! It's a dry heat!

Bill Paxton was one of the best parts of that movie. Based off it's success, I'm surprised there were never any "Marines" spin offs. I would have much preferred that to the giant pieces of crap that followed.

Oh, PS:

10 millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing round, why?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
That is such a bad ass film. No love for Michael Beihn people?, come on guys, its Michael Beihn!

funguy2121 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
forced sodomy

As a fellow fan of Alien and Predator I have to notify you of the memo going around our fan brethren.

Alien Vs Predator Requiem does not exist, oh and while I'm at it, Alien Resurrection is only 45 minutes long, you are contractually obligated to switch it off before the plot turns really fucking stupid.

Anecdote time children, while watching Alien Vs Predator (the first less shitty film) my friend came by and picked up my PS2 controller, hit the start button because he wanted to play this awesome looking game.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Bradeck said:
Oh, PS:

And you can fit 99 of those 10 mm rounds in your magazine somehow.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
But finger-fillet has been around way before Aliens?! Heck I was playing a finger-fillet minigames on the internet ten years ago. Why is this anything?

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
thaluikhain said:
Bradeck said:
Oh, PS:

And you can fit 99 of those 10 mm rounds in your magazine somehow.
Caseless dude. Caseless! lol.

Also:

WE'RE ON AN EXPRESS ELEVATOR TO HELL! GOING DOWN!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Dang. I'm going to have to bust out the Special Edition DVD now. Aliens is probably my #1 film of all time. Such a shame the franchise went downhill from there. Here's hoping the new one restores it to its former glory.

"Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man."