Diablo 3 Community Site Offers Peak at Game's Treasures

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Diablo 3 Community Site Offers Peak at Game's Treasures

If you want to survive in Diablo 3, you're going to need to know your hand axes from your halberds. Luckily, Blizzard has you covered.

Blizzard opened the lid of a veritable treasure trove of Diablo 3 loot, updating the Diablo 3 community site with hundreds of different items that will available to find, make and kill with in the game. Everything from the simplest helm to the most powerful magical wand is there to be perused, inspected, and - naturally - coveted.

There's a caveat though: All of the items, from the simple helms to the mighty wands are using temporary art and data, meaning they're subject to change. Not really big changes like "The Sultan of Blinding Sand" - a legendary two-handed sword - becoming a common drop, but small changes like a point or two of damage either being added or subtracted, or a level requirement going up by one. There's also the fact that you're spoiling at least a little bit of the experience for yourself, kind of like opening your Christmas presents early.

If you're curious about the arms, armor, and equipment you could be taking into the field with you in Diablo 3, you can start looking here [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/]. If you're not curious, then, well, do nothing, and we'll pretend this never happened.

Source: Voodoo Extreme [http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62296/Diablo-III-Items-Information-Blowout]

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
These so called legendary weapons look really, really boring. Oh woopee, plus damage, attack and lifesteal. I could have described just about any single unique weapon in the game. What happened to all the ridiculously varied bonuses of Diablo 2's uniques? What happened to things like open wound, crushing blow, knockback, prevent monster heal etc? And of course there are no longer skill bonuses because skill levels are gone. The only thing I can see that may be good is if the random bonuses fill in these blanks, but really, bonuses to attack and such should not be the fixed skills. If those are all that matters, then the game might as well just be played entirely in Excel.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Ya know, before Blizzard took a massive shit all over this game seeing all those items would have been pretty cool. Now I just wonder why they don't just go all the way when it comes to shitting on the remaining integrity they may have and slap on a MSRP for each item.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Great, I can see a thread going back and forth about a typo in another thread.

Yeah, it seems to be missing something.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Shamanic Rhythm said:
These so called legendary weapons look really, really boring. Oh woopee, plus damage, attack and lifesteal. I could have described just about any single unique weapon in the game. What happened to all the ridiculously varied bonuses of Diablo 2's uniques? What happened to things like open wound, crushing blow, knockback, prevent monster heal etc? And of course there are no longer skill bonuses because skill levels are gone. The only thing I can see that may be good is if the random bonuses fill in these blanks, but really, bonuses to attack and such should not be the fixed skills. If those are all that matters, then the game might as well just be played entirely in Excel.
Indeed. On the plus side, the art is obviously not close to finished yet. I'm hoping that most of the current stats for unique items are just placeholders as well, and that all the details are worked out during testing and balancing towards the end of development.

Bluntman1138

Aug 12, 2011
HOLY SHIT I LOVE IT.

Under Legendary Swords is the "Ancient Bone Saber of Zumakalis"

As everyone knows, it is the only way to kill the Universal Re-monster. (or poking him with a pillow)

(If anyone else gets this reference, then you are considered to be awesome)

PS. I really hope the sword of King Gilead is a reference to Knights of the Diner Table.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
What if I want to mod my game to make them all available like I do with other titles I own? Or are these items removed from the game itself?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Nurb said:
What if I want to mod my game to make them all available like I do with other titles I own? Or are these items removed from the game itself?
The game is online only I believe so the items aren't on your computer. And I believe they aren't allowing mods in the game. Mainly due to the auction house system they developed, they don't want people making duplicate Items or the concept of an auction house would fall right through.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I can officially say that my interest in Diablo 3 is dead. Now we're listing the DPS of weapons....in a Diablo game?

I'm all for sequels moving forward, but they've made a WoW expansion and called it Diablo. What's next? Mounts and raids?

No thanks.