Online Listing Reveals Arkham City Xbox Bundle

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Online Listing Reveals Arkham City Xbox Bundle

It's not quite a "Bat-Console" but it's probably as close as you're going to get.

If you're looking forward to Batman: Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JAVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317203456&sr=1-1] and you're also in the market for a new Xbox 360, then you're in luck: A listing [http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005MUXB86/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1JX2MWW371PBJA5B0C0T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128] on the German version of Amazon has revealed the existence of a Arkham City bundle that brings the two together.

The bundle contains an Xbox 360 Slim with a 250 GB hard drive, a black controller, a headset, and a copy of the game. Sadly, unlike the recent Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3 bundles, the console does not have any branding.

The bundle costs €280, or around $380, although if it does come to the US it's likely to be a little cheaper than that: the branded bundles cost $400, and they have an extra controller, a bigger hard drive, and tweaks like custom sounds when you open the disc tray.

We've contacted Microsoft about whether this bundle will be available in territories other than Germany and will update if and when we hear anything back.

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 18th.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/europe-getting-batman-arkham-city-xbox-360-bundle-212432.phtml]

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 18th.
Minor point, isn't the PC version delayed till Nov 1st?

Other than that,yes the lack of branding is a very missed opportunity for awesome

EDIT: even if it was just modded sounds would be nice cause you could argue the standard black 360 already looks fairly batty.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
coldalarm said:
viranimus said:
Minor point, isn't the PC version delayed till Nov 1st?
It's delayed until November, but I'm not sure about the 1st.
Very good, a goof on my part. Sorry.

Yeah, that will teach me to post while still trying to clear sleep out of my eyes. Not even sure where I came up with Nov 1st. Perhaps wishful thinking as I already have the game registered and waiting on Steam.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Ser Imp said:
Points for an original feature I guess but unless it says something like "You are the night" when you insert a disk, I can really see much appeal.
It also has to say "I'm the goddamn Batman" when you turn it on, too. No! No! Arleen Sorkin has to, as Harley, go "Hey there, B-Man!"

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
So, the console has no sexy branding, but it still makes special sounds? An opportunity lost, but I suppose it is cool nonetheless.

I'm happy with my Gears 3 bundle - now that was a ridiculously good value.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Not seeing the point if the console has no special design. The Gears 3 Xbox looks great and I would have loved to see a similar thing done with a Batman theme.