Angry Birds Say Chrome is Great, Mustaches Are Funny

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Angry Birds Say Chrome is Great, Mustaches Are Funny

The new Angry Birds commercial says Chrome is a great platform that allows independent developers to get their products out to millions of users around the world, and that pigs stink, mustaches are funny and framerate capabilities.

I've wasted a lot of hours on Angry Birds [http://chrome.angrybirds.com/] and for me, it's pretty much the same no matter where I play it. Android, iPhone, Windows, tablets; at the end of the day, I'm gunning birds at pigs and everything else is just details. But the Angry Birds development team seems pretty excited about Google Chrome, as evidenced by the new commercial starring Serdar, Jaarkko and Peter that turned up last week.

And what does Chrome offer that offer platforms don't? For one thing, a couple of guys in the middle of nowhere can apparently use it to make explosions, which is good. WebGL is pretty cool too, I guess, and of course the frame rate capabilities are outstanding. Frame rate capabilities.

Hey, who am I kidding, I have no idea why Chrome is a better choice of platform than any other and to be quite frank, I don't really care. It's funny! Mustaches are funny. Don't be angry.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Maybe he looked angry because he didn't have a mustache? That would have made him look real funny. Or explosions. Or maybe he just doesn't want to sit there and instead would like to be shot into a pig's face. Just saying.

Just remember that google's motto is: "Don't be Evil". People with that motto tend to turn evil even faster than others. And they have the income to finance a secret-evil-doomsday-weapon-housing-mountain-base, so.....Yeah.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Funny video. Angry Birds has been on Chrome for some time, of course it didn't take me long to finish with 100% completion, though playing the free games on Chrome is the only thing I use it for, since I prefer Firefox as a browser.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
It's not an Angry Birds commercial which happens to mention Chrome. It's a Chrome commercial featuring characters from Angry Birds. I feel like the author of this article didn't grasp that.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Brainst0rm said:
It's not an Angry Birds commercial which happens to mention Chrome. It's a Chrome commercial featuring characters from Angry Birds. I feel like the author of this article didn't grasp that.
MUSTACHES ARE FUNNY!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I'm not even really in on the whole Angry Birds phenomenon and yet I still thought this video was absolutely hilarious. Great stuff.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I like angry birds as much as the next person, but does anyone else notice that they have been getting arrogant lately?

fun commercial nonetheless, as Chrome is pretty awesome.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Brainst0rm said:
MUSTACHES ARE FUNNY!
You're awesome.
I don't really see the point of a commercial when you can't hear what they're saying. I couldn't understand a thing and therefore didn't find it funny. If they're gonna talk over each other, have bad mics and have bad accents, the least they could do is add some subtitles.
Kakashi on crack said:
I like angry birds as much as the next person, but does anyone else notice that they have been getting arrogant lately?
Lately??
They are and have always been massive megalomaniacs. This is actually the only thing I've seen them do lately that didn't scare me.