Serious Sam 3 Delayed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Serious Sam 3 Delayed

Bad news, kids! Serious Sam 3: BFE has been delayed.

After months of promising that the rippling manliness of Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://serioussam.com/] would be in our hot little hands on October 18, Croteam admitted today that it was all a lie and that the game won't actually show up until November 22. What's the deal?

"The team wants to take a little extra time to make it perfect for Serious Sam fans worldwide," said Davor Hunski, the chief creative guy at Croteam. "The game is playing wonderfully and looks great so we are going through to balance the difficulty and fine-tune the code to eliminate any technical issues at launch. And we'll probably add some more enemies to the hordes to blow your mind."

Gamers who preorder Serious Sam 3 will get timed exclusive access to a multiplayer avatar of Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker, who explained that part of the reason for the delay was to give the team extra time to finish the shading on his junk. He also assured gamers that while the extra wait might be disappointing, it would ultimately be worthwhile.

"Looks like the wife is going to have to wait on pumping up the milk pillows until I'm rolling in that filthy Serious Sam 3: BFE cash money," he said. "Nobody likes a half-assed tit job. Nobody."

Serious Sam 3: BFE will initially launch as a PC exclusive on Steam, Direct2Drive, GetGames, Impulse and other digital platforms, as well as through retail channels in some regions. Console versions are expected to follow later.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
"The team wants to take a little extra time to make it perfect for Serious Sam fans worldwide," said Davor Hunski, the chief creative guy at Croteam.

"Looks like the wife is going to have to wait on pumping up the milk pillows until I'm rolling in that filthy Serious Sam 3: BFE cash money," he said. "Nobody likes a half-assed tit job. Nobody."

That's the kind of comment that makes divorce lawyers rich, feminists angry and fox news popular.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dammit, I've been waiting for this all summer and now fall I guess, they better make it super sexy.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
No_Remainders said:
Ten bucks says their sales drop dramatically below expectations because of Skyrim.
C'est que le fuck?

Skyrim is a fantasy medieval RPG that focuses on magic and melee, in an open world setting.

Serious Sam 3 is a sci-fi old-school shooter that focuses on lots and lots of guns, and hundreds and hundreds of enemies for you to shoot.

The two are completely different games going for completely different demographics. If someone wants a shooter, they're not going to choose Skyrim over Serious Sam. Sorry, but they're not.

Jesus, I'm looking forward to Skyrim too, but the Skyrim fanboys are getting out of hand...
that doesn't mean they are mutually exclusive. people can enjoy more than 1 style of game. i have been waiting for this game for a while, but he has a point, it probably will hurt their sales. they had an advantage being in october, it is still a while before christmas, so people would just buy it. now it is competing against even more games for the christmas line-up. they even have MW3 as a competitor for a shooter.

that being said, i'd rather they do wait to make sure the game is well polished. the wait is a pain, but can't be helped.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, thats a shame. was really looking forward to it. steam still says for me 19th of october. as long they really fix it that we will have no problems with the game, im happy. rather fix it now then releasing 5 patches.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm always disappointed when a game is delayed, but when it's for the cause of crotch shading then you know it's worth it.
Man, I just can't get enough of Fork Parker. I want an interview with him.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
GeorgW said:
I'm always disappointed when a game is delayed, but when it's for the cause of crotch shading then you know it's worth it.
You know, playing the Battlefield 3 beta, I've had a lot of fun and all. But every time I get killed (lots), and I see the model of the fellow who shot me I can't help but think 'You know...his crotch could be shaded better...and this would be my immediate pick for GotY.'

Hopefully that's something they fix before release.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
GeorgW said:
You know, playing the Battlefield 3 beta, I've had a lot of fun and all. But every time I get killed (lots), and I see the model of the fellow who shot me I can't help but think 'You know...his crotch could be shaded better...and this would be my immediate pick for GotY.'

Hopefully that's something they fix before release.
It's something that most people seem to neglect and it's such a shame. It's an important feature and I'm glad to see Mr. Parker realising this and giving it the focus it deserves. It has increased my faith in the final product.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
The two are completely different games going for completely different demographics. If someone wants a shooter, they're not going to choose Skyrim over Serious Sam. Sorry, but they're not.

Jesus, I'm looking forward to Skyrim too, but the Skyrim fanboys are getting out of hand...

Yeah. It's impossible for people to like more than one type of game, isn't it? I mean, NOBODY could possibly have though about buying the two right? Yeah. That's definitely right. Who would buy two games that aren't in any way the same?

Oh, and I'm not a fan-boy, I'm just making a point that it'll hurt the sales being so close to what will be one of the biggest releases of the year.

Plus, I didn't realise that iron-sight aiming and sprinting were the staples of "old-school" FPS games.

If a game is claiming to be "old-school" it should either go all the way, or not bother.

Edit: You spelled "Ce que le" wrong.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
"a delayed game is bad for now, bad game is bad forever",

good choice Croteam, nice so see at least one company that actually finishes a game before selling it.

I am sick of playing beta-tester.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
HAHAH! Oh damn, that guys explanation alone makes it all worth the wait. Milk pillows, hah! Love it, and he's totally correct!

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Duke comes back and Serious Sam gets delayed. Things really have turned on their head haven't they.