Portal 2 DLC Emerges in October

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Portal 2 DLC Emerges in October

DLC for Valve's portal-based puzzler is out of beta and releasing on time - October 4, to be exact.

If you've been sitting motionless in front of your TV ever since you finished the Portal 2 co-op campaign, you probably should have played something else in the meantime. For the rest of you, you'll be pleased to know that the long-awaited [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109682-Valve-Announces-Free-DLC-for-Portal-2] DLC pack for the game is coming your way October 4th. The update will be available through Steam, Xbox Live Marketplace, and PSN, and best of all, it will be free on all platforms.

While the DLC pack won't expand Chell's single-player adventure, it will add "Peer Review," a whole new cooperative campaign for robot pals P-Body and Atlas. Details are scarce about the new mission, except that players will "once again match wits with GLaDOS," the nefarious, off-kilter AI. The DLC will also introduce a "Challenge Mode" for both single-player and co-op play. Players will be able to compete for the best scores and then compare their rankings on Leaderboards.

Valve recommends visiting the game's website [http://thinkwithportals.com/] for 24 new tracks from the Portal 2 score if you simply can't wait four more days. In the meantime, I've experiments to run and there's research to be done, so I'd better finish it all before the DLC hits.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Free, even on the xbox? Well, that's something :p

Challenge mode? Not a huge fan of leaderboards.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Wasnt this DLC supposed to be out in summer?

Either way at least we get it for free, as if we could dare to expect anything else from Valve after 4 years of free addons for TF2.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Aww, I'm a social hermit, guess I'll be watching Let's Plays on YouTube. Still. It's free, it'll be fantastic and it's more Portal 2. I definitely like the sound of Challenge Mode. Valve are doing it right again.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
So this means we'll get it next Friday? Anyway, I and my friend can't wait until we'll be able to kill each other in co-op again.
Also, you forgot to mention that there comes a neat little comic with the music.
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/turret_comic/

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
So, I plunk down the money for a copy for me and a friend, and as it downloads, I pop over here and find out that free DLC is arriving in four days.

AWESOME. This is going to be a good week.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Marshall Honorof said:
DLC for Valve's portal-based puzzler is out of beta and releasing on time - October 4, to be exact.
I laugh at that sentiment. It went from summer, to "mid-september so technically it's still summer" and now to this.

Please not I'm not complaining, merely lightly jabbing. /Can't wait for the free awesome dlc that I would of paid for.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
To bad there's no news on a better way to access custom maps outside of using the dev console,something along the line of how tf2 or left 4 dead does it, hell even portal 1 had the maps pop up in the game menu for easy access.

Apr 28, 2008
gigastar said:
Wasnt this DLC supposed to be out in summer?
Yep.

Oh Valve... you so silly.

Also, hooray for free stuff!

EDIT: Oh look, Want You Gone is in the third pack. YES!!

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
Cool that was sooner than I thought :)

Capitano Segnaposto said:
yuval152 said:
FREE DLC,it's like a dream come ture.
Is it free? Or do you have to pay for it on certain places? Main question: IS IT FREE ON PS3?
Should be was on other valve games like team fortress 2 and left for dead/2...later they were forced to charge for 360 so not sure about the 360 but PS3 you should be safe

Yay free fun stuff to distract me from the inportant things :)

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Not that I'm complaining about free DLC or didn't think it might be a tad late knowing "Valve time" but summer is over, like really over it's proper autumn now, not at all surprised if it gets "just slightly delayed ;-)

Wouldn't mind some single player expansions but the humor of the MP were just outstanding, maybe time to pick it back up for a few more tests. Testing is fun! I'll just go die a few more times ;-)

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
XDravond said:
Not that I'm complaining about free DLC or didn't think it might be a tad late knowing "Valve time" but summer is over, like really over it's proper autumn now, not at all surprised if it gets "just slightly delayed ;-)

Wouldn't mind some single player expansions but the humor of the MP were just outstanding, maybe time to pick it back up for a few more tests. Testing is fun! I'll just go die a few more times ;-)
yeah I mean, I'm impressed Valve, Going by Valve Time this is them releasing it EARLY (going by valve time ''Summer''=''Mid September'',
''Mid September''= ''October''
and ''October'' = 5th of February)

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
How did they manage to get it free on Xbox Live?

Also, I'm waiting for this headline on October 4th.

BREAKING NEWS: Free Portal 2 DLC will be released... eventually.

It almost seems like they want people to make fun of them because of it. Still, I'm happy this is finally coming out. It gives me another reason to start playing Portal 2 again!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Really? It's going to be free? Sweet!

Hopefully I can get my consoles to get back online before then.