Life in the Ruins

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I have been pumped to give this a try ever since I saw it at e3 it looks so strange it is hard to not want to try it.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
This game looks really interesting, especially the co-op part of it. I can't wait to play it and unravel the mysteries that await me in the desert.

Nice article by the way, a good read indeed. :]

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
I hadn't heard about this game until this article and now I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Hmmm I'm not sure why but to me it seems to be a cross of Fallout: NV, From Dust and another game that I cant quite put my finger on. Seems interesting though!

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
I got a hands-on with this game at GAMEFEST and, frankly, was bored shitless! The artistic design is amazing an everything, but I couldn't figure out anything to do in the game whatsoever. You just wander around a desert for no reason.

InGrindWeTrust

May 19, 2010
What a brilliantly written article. The standard of quality at The Escapist blows other gaming websites out of the water. Especially IGN. God, I hate IGN these days.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
OK... I really really want to read this story. I read the first page. I want so bad to read more, but I just know that if I read more, it is going to ruin my perception of the game when I play it. I can't see this game through someone else's eyes before I see it through mine.

But it's SO TEMPTING... Damn my envy!

I gotta bookmark this and come back after the game is available and I've spent many a moment exploring and singing.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
The article just pumped me up for this game. Very well written.
I had not heard of this game either, but I'm glad I know about it now.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
Words literally cannot describe how badly I want to play this game. I love exploring in games so as soon as I heard that ThatGameCompany was making something where you do nothing but that, it was a huge "YES PLEASE" moment.

Incidentally if anyone here hasn't heard of ThatGameCompany, go out and buy Flower. Right now. Seriously, it's only like 10 $/£/Euros or whatever.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Article was well written.

As for the game.

Well it worked for Seinfeld..

A game about nothing...interesting in deed

jecht35

Jul 2, 2011
I played the beta and I loved It. had the exact same experience to. One of my nameless friends was awesome and really helped me play the game. The other partner was an annoying bugger who did everything by there ambiguous self.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Seeing videos of Journey's gameplay gets my attention to where I want to play it. This article emphasizes that all the more. My lack of a PS3 to play it on deflates all that emotion.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Just run this past me again...
This is a game, in which you do nothing but 'trudge through a desert'?

Hell, i could just do that on DofE.
Do you get a complimentary piece of sand-paper to wear you feet away as well?
xD

Anyway... i'll keep an eye on this, if i can be bothered.
For someone who seems to have complained about it, i actually like the idea.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
From the description of the game, I can only guess that the game is not so much about exploring a game world(the traditional game design), rather it is about exploring the human spirit of the players. You have to learn to communicate and interact on a much more fundamental, spiritual level in order to delve into the true pleasure of the game. It's exploring what it means to be a living soul and how that soul reaches out to find and interact with other souls. How do these souls, who have travel such vastly different paths and developed such vastly different "truths" of the world, communicate and share with each other? This is the deep artistic question that I think the game is getting at. Of course, this is only me guessing; I could easily be reading more into this than is truly there.

Naturally, in any multiplayer game, there will be trolls, jerks, and assholes who's entire existence is predicated on causing pain and confusion to others.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
So amazing, loved this since I first heard about it. Just don't have a ps3. Though it is getting so tempting now with this and the HD versions of Ico and Shadow of the colossus.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
I've been waiting for this since it was announced and after this article it's becoming unbearable.

The part about the second partner was kind of a turnoff though. Fucking trolls always find a way...

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Man, wish I had a PS3 so I could play this. It looks like a beautiful experience.