Ghost Recon: Future Soldier May Finally Have Release Date

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier May Finally Have Release Date

Several retailers list the release date of Ubisoft's next Ghost Recon game as March 2012.

After a shaky start and multiple delays, Ubisoft's next entry into the Ghost Recon series, Future Soldier, may finally be gearing up for deployment. Several major retailers, including Best Buy, [http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Xbox-360/dp/B0037LTTRO/ref=pd_sim_vg9] all list the game as having a March 6th, 2012 release date.

Initially, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was announced in early 2009 and expected to arrive for consoles a year later in early 2010. However, the game was pushed back several times over the next two years before finally being scheduled for spring of 2012.

In addition, a multiplayer beta for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is set to start in January of 2012, but is currently limited to the Xbox 360 and for gamers who either preordered Future Soldier through GameStop or own Splinter Cell: Conviction.

One major feature announced for Future Soldier at E3 2011 this past summer was Ubisoft's decision to include full compatibility with the Kinect, which may offer some explanation as to the game's delay. Usable in "Gunsmith" mode, players will be able to customize weapons through hand gestures or voice commands, and then test out their creations in a virtual firing range. Currently there's no word yet as what other roles the Kinect will play in the other parts of the game.

Source: Gamespot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/6337806/ghost-recon-future-soldier-due-march-6-retail-radar]

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Goddamn. I'd completely forgotten about this. I seem to recall being excited about this beta...back when I was in high school.

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
i for one am looking forward to the game, however i will probably be more interested in saving the universe from the reapers by the time this game comes out