Gears of War 3's First DLC Pack Arrives Next Month

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Gears of War 3's First DLC Pack Arrives Next Month

Lucky owners of Microsoft's DLC Season Pass get free access to the newest DLC Pack for Gears.

Gears of War 3 has been out hardly a month and already the first downloadable content pack is scheduled to arrive the 1st of November.

The new DLC, titled the "The Horde Command Pack", introduces a bunch of new content for the third-person shooter. Players can now carve their way through their opponents as an Onyx Guard or Big Rig Dizzy, deck out their gear with the Jungle Camo weapon skin or try and catch a tan in the abandoned island resort featured in the new Azura map. Gamerscore-minded players will be happy to hear that there's also several new achievements, though no specifics on those yet.

For the incredibly popular Horde Mode, the new DLC throws in multiple additions to the fortification system. Players will now be able to summon sniper teams, distract enemies with decoys and call down Hammer of Dawn strikes on top of adding more firepower to the Silverback Mech.

Fans of the series who shelled out the extra dough for Microsoft's DLC Season Pass [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112659-Gears-3-Offers-DLC-Discount-Through-New-Season-Pass] will be able to download "The Horde Command Pack" for free when its released, while everyone else will have to cough up about 800 Microsoft Points (or $10 USD).

The DLC Season Pass, costing $30 USD, currently enables buyers to nab the first four planned DLC packs at a hefty 33% discount. Gamers can still purchase the Gears Season Pass for now, but there's no word as to when Epic or Microsoft may pull the plug.

Gears of War 3 was released on September 20th and is currently available for the Xbox 360.

Source: 1Up [http://www.1up.com/news/gears-of-war-3-first-dlc-horde-command-pack]

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
The DLC Season Pass, costing $30 USD, currently enables buyers to nab the first four planned DLC packs at a hefty 33% discount.
What the shit...

If you pay $30 extra you get one third off 4 DLC packs and the DLC is $10-15, best case scenario you get $20 back... so you pay extra to pay extra?

Lord Revan 117

Oct 4, 2011
But this is already on the disc, they are charging you for things you already own. I want to chop Cliffy B's arms off, then sell them back to him for 2100 microsoft points.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Mr.K. said:
The DLC Season Pass, costing $30 USD, currently enables buyers to nab the first four planned DLC packs at a hefty 33% discount.
What the shit...

If you pay $30 extra you get one third off 4 DLC packs and the DLC is $10-15, best case scenario you get $20 back... so you pay extra to pay extra?
No, if you pay $30, you get 100% off all the DLC, which normally would cost you around $45. Which means over the course of the year you get 33% off. Or some shit.

I got it anyway because my birthday just happened to fall on the week of launch, but I do think that unless they add some serious content in the next year, it's kind of a rip off.