Me Grimlock! Me In New Transformers Game!

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Me Grimlock! Me In New Transformers Game!

Everyone's favorite self-aggrandizing Dinobot, Grimlock, will be making an appearance in the sequel to High Moon Studio's suprisingly good licensed shooter Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, due next year, details the apocalyptic fallout of the civil war between the Autobots and the Decepticons - a story which famously ends on a rather grim note, with both sides scuttling away from their, now dying, planet. Each incarnation of the Transformers franchise has had a slightly different take on the destruction of the iconic planet, and War for Cybertron cleverly eschewed established continuity to tell its own, rather good, story. I admit, I've never read the much-acclaimed IDW comic book series, so my understanding of Transformers lore is limited to vague recollections of the 80's cartoon series and I'm relatively easy to please. Providing I can play as Grimlock, and I can save the universe by stomping and shouting about how awesome I am, [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R1m9fjdwjI] I'm sold.

"High Moon Studios is an extremely talented development team having raised the bar of gameplay and Transformers authenticity in their games," said Activision's David Oxford. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an extraordinary project both for the studio and the Transformers gaming legacy - the stakes are higher and the scale much larger than ever before, and we absolutely cannot wait for fans to see all the new characters and epic action that awaits them."

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will be smashing its way onto the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sometime next year.

For those wondering: yes, it took a great deal of personal strength to resist the urge to write this entire news post in Grimlock's charmingly stilted idiot-speak.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5847390/theres-a-new-transformers-game-coming-and-grimlocks-coming-with-it]

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
That'll be awesome, although the appearance of Dinobots (and the few Aerial bots in WFC) does cause some canon issues.

Feb 13, 2008
Grey Carter said:
For those wondering: yes, it took a great deal of personal strength to resist the urge to write this entire news post in Grimlock's charmingly stilted idiot-speak.
And you were wrong to deny that hint of awesome.

By the way, Michael Bay? This is what you missed out on. Look at War on Cybertron and despair.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This news pleased me greatly (Grimlock is my favourite character other than Optimus). If this will be in the War or Cybertron universe or art style than I will eagerly await to see a cybertronian T-rex!!!

NedroidPrime

Jan 6, 2011
F YEAH!!!!

Grimlock is my all-time favorite Transformer!

Though I was a big fan of all the Dinobots. What can I say, I was obsessed with dinosaurs when I was a kid :)

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Palademon said:
That'll be awesome, although the appearance of Dinobots (and the few Aerial bots in WFC) does cause some canon issues.
The cartoon is not the only canon. In several comics, Grimlock was around on Cybertron, especially The War Within in which the War for Cybertron game seemed to take many of its design views. He was also in the DS version of the War For Cybertron game as well.

Being my favorite Transformer, I'm really excited for this.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Everyone's favorite self-aggrandizing Dinobot, Grimlock, will be making an appearance in the sequel to High Moon Studio's suprisingly good licensed shooter Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will be smashing its way onto the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sometime next year.
Sorry mate, but you cal it war for cybertron, then fall for cybertron, I think you made a typo on one

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
Grey Carter said:

Sorry mate, but you cal it war for cybertron, then fall for cybertron, I think you made a typo on one
The first game was called War for Cybertron. The new game is called Fall of Cybertron.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
Grey Carter said:

Fall of Cybertron is the name of the upcoming sequel. War For Cybertron was the original that released two years ago :)

Either way, I'm totally stoked. WFC is one of my favorite games of this generation, just a few minor tweaks could make the sequel something really special. Hopefully we'll see Grimlock in his tank-form which was used in the War Within comics, along with a much larger cast of playable Bots and Cons this time.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My only problem with War for Cybertron was its lack of Dinobots. It seems the sequel will fix that and I can't freakin' wait! Hey, maybe this means Devastator will be in the new game too!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Grey Carter said:
It still would've sound a whole lot more intelligent than a lot of newspaper articles these days.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
My only problem with War for Cybertron was its lack of Dinobots. It seems the sequel will fix that and I can't freakin' wait! Hey, maybe this means Devastator will be in the new game too!
Yes Devastator is my favorite of the transformers series.
And in the 1986 movie he, in the short scene, did beat up 3 of the Dinobots.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Palademon said:
The thing I never got though was why did they need to transform into animals? What were they afraid that the dinosaurs would scare them away or something? Who were they hiding from exactly?

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Warforger said:
The thing I never got though was why did they need to transform into animals? What were they afraid that the dinosaurs would scare them away or something? Who were they hiding from exactly?
Because the Autobots thought dinosaurs were cool.

Some later comics try to sidestep the issue by putting Grimlock & his team on Cybertron earlier & rechristening them the "Dynobots." Fall of Cybertron might try something similar.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
I don't remember this guy but my first transformers series was actually the early morning jungle bots or something where they where animals. I loved that show, I meant to get back into it but haven't found the time.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Warforger said:
Palademon said:
As far as the original cartoon goes, they were built as Dinosaurs because Dinosaurs were incredibly powerful creatures in their time. The Autobots needed some kind of edge against the Constructicons and their combined form of Devastator, and so the Dinobots were built to match their sheer strength.

Old Marvel comics placed them on Earth during the prehistoric era where they awakened long before the Autobots in the Ark and thus were converted into their present forms because there were no vehicles on Earth for them to mimic. They were buried and found again in the modern era and retained those forms.

Dreamwave/IDW gave them a more fleshed-out backstory during the war on Cybertron and new tank alt-forms. Swoop was a jet of some kind in those stories. I was hoping that's what we'd see in Fall of Cybertron, but the Game Informer cover the Kotaku article references clearly shows Grimlock as a T-Rex, so perhaps they wind up on Earth afterall during the game.

link for covers: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/06/november-cover-revealed-transformers-fall-of-cybertron.aspx