Stolen Pixels #32: No Loitering

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #32: No Loitering

Welcome to City of Heroes. Move along, or we may pummel you without warning.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Does remind me a little bit of "the Boys"...excellent Comic, if you enjoy VERY dark and kinda offensive humor.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Aye, Ennis is an awesome writer, although I did think the 1st part of The Boys was better than the second, ever read preacher?

jamused

Oct 24, 2008
I just assume that my little targeting reticle/computer readout that lets me look up Info on them is telling me which ones have outstanding warrants for their arrest....after all, I can't even activate my powers on citizens with clean records, not even ones like Recall Friend or Heal Other that could save their lives.

Bozzie

Jul 9, 2008
I read it, lol'd, and forwarded it to all my friends and co-workers until our email server at work shut down. I just wanted to let you know that you're wicked funny Shamus.

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
The little scorch marks where the thugs used to be are what makes this Art.

Dev Null

Jul 29, 2008
In the longstanding tradition of random strange viewers mailing authors to say "You should do this!", I feel the need to tell you Shamus that you should read the book Count Geiger's Blues, by Michael Bishop. Great fun. Man wakes up and works out he has super-powers, has the obvious fun for a few weeks... then decides that its a complete waste of time to use powers stopping individual muggers, and turns to attempting widespread social change instead of just beating people up. Which of course gets him in all sorts of trouble.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
I thought mobs were self-ambulatory piñatas filled with gold and xp points?

Really, any character in an RPG that isn't directly controlled by a player is, too.

hida_dragonbane

Oct 24, 2008
I also love the scorch marks.

I dropped a link for this over on the Champions Online forums. There are a lot of ex-CoH players there who should appreciate it. :)

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Yeah, it does seem weird to pummel innocent people.

I also feel bad whenever I kill animals in WoW - I mean, what they do to me?

broadband

Dec 15, 2007
zoozilla post=6.74914.852148 said:
Yeah, it does seem weird to pummel innocent people.

I also feel bad whenever I kill animals in WoW - I mean, what they do to me?
there are some stolen pixel comics about that.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Fortunately, I'm playing as a character whose motivation is precisely this. DEATH TO LOITERERS!

jamused

Oct 24, 2008
BTW, if you can find outdoor instanced missions ("train missions", some of the Oroborous missions like Outbreak) they should have normal lighting effects even during the Halloween event.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
When you play as a villain it's even worse - you have to safe people from gangs and monsters and can't hurt innocent. Plus when you attack a cop, the gangsters team up with them Oo

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Wolcik said:
When you play as a villain it's even worse - you have to safe people from gangs and monsters and can't hurt innocent. Plus when you attack a cop, the gangsters team up with them Oo
You know that you just bumped a year-old thread, right?

loopywolf

Aug 11, 2010
This would be funny if it was true that in COH, the hellions were ordinary mortals and superheroes were these uber-powered monsters who just mopped them up effortlessly.

In fact, despite that they look like ordinary street-thugs, Hellions have super-powers too (they shoot fire, have super-strength, etc) and if you try to walk through the city they will turn you into a stain in a puddle of spandex..

There are no weak, feeble, mortal villains in COH. Good Luck getting to that mission, hero!! ;)