Σειρῆνες Seirēnes

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I find the best way to avoid buying tons of games on Steam sales is to just not have any money to spend on games, though that really didn't stop me. I still bought the new Penny Arcade RPG for $2.50 but that's going to be all because I don't get paid until the 7th of next month.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Pretty much.

"No, lacktheknack. You have little money. You could use that money to buy a gift for your girlfri-"

Tomb Raider is now 75% off.

"SHE CAN HAVE A GIFT NEXT MONTH! "

And that is how Steam may have ruined my relationship. :p
In my relationship, Steam sales are the gifts. It ties in so beautifully. Yet it's so poisonous.

*weeps for his wallet*

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Griffolion said:
lacktheknack said:
Was it your girlfriends birthday or something?

OT:

Bought a few things, Deus Ex: HR was 85% off, so I got it for a friend who had it on their wishlist. I also got Anno 2070, Star Drive and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Considering Dishonoured. Anyone have any recommendations?
I resisted Deus Ex: HR, for I know the Director Cut is comming to PC soon, just no info how they will release it, mostly want for the boss fight revamp.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
iniudan said:
Thought that was staying exclusive to some sort of console? I didn't keep up with this snippet.

The boss fights were a bit stupid, but DE:HR remains in my top 5 games of all time. I'm a sucker for cyber-punky stuff like that, plus the story of conspiracy etc was quite cool.

I'll probably just watch a let's play of the new boss fights when I feel like it.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Griffolion said:
iniudan said:
Thought that was staying exclusive to some sort of console? I didn't keep up with this snippet.

The boss fights were a bit stupid, but DE:HR remains in my top 5 games of all time. I'm a sucker for cyber-punky stuff like that, plus the story of conspiracy etc was quite cool.

I'll probably just watch a let's play of the new boss fights when I feel like it.
All of PS3, Xbox360 and PC are getting the director cut, but yes it has been exclusive to the WiiU for a while.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I guess I should be happy I withdrew all the cash from my bank account days before the steam sale happened. BUT I'M NOT. *sobs at the thought of all the deals she's missing*

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
whelp not been so bad got the rpgmaker since I want to try my hand at it with some mates and since it was down to £15 from £40 I can live with that. The other was walking dead which I had been waiting for to be on sale for ages and finally got it for a fiver to see what the hype was about. Worth every penny. The rest of the sales so far I haven't been that interested in so I'm hoping that is the extent of my buying on steam, gog was a different matter.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
iniudan said:
That's cool. Why on earth it's exclusive to the Wii U for all that time is beyond me. Did the sales figures co-incide with that or something?

Vale

May 1, 2013
Resisting the sales is not even remotely difficult if you're broke.
Funny comic though.
[small][small]These are my emotions. They are not very emotive. Probably because I speak like a robot would. But I am not a robot. I am a human being instead of a robot. Which I am not.[/small][/small]

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
V8 Ninja said:
Quicksilver_Phoenix said:
Genericjim101 said:
Is that a Ken Ashcorp "Rival" reference in the tagline?
Exactly what I thought too!
Yeah, looking at that tagline several times the only thing I can think of is Ken Ashcorp.

Captcha: "face the music". Appropriate, Captcha.
Not just me, good. I really like his latest song about Tharja from Fire Emblem : D.

I almost fell into the Steam Sale trap by convincing myself to buy games cheap now ready for getting a gaming PC for Christmas D :.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I've only recently started playing more games on the computer and using Steam (Civ V was my gateway drug) - and with GMG's recent week long sale and now this, I'm basically building a library of all the computer exclusive/optimized games I care for, because I know I'll get them eventually, so I might as well get them when they're on sale. As for not buying the damn things, I don't usually spend my money at all, I just save it, buy new releases, books (increasingly second hand), and food - so I feel justified in buying something I want.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I've held out and not bought a thing from the summer sale! Praise me...*sees the sales and reaches for wallet, only to slap hand*
No, LP stuff first, fun later...

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This one's about the Steam Sale? I thought it describes how I react near GameStop's used games section.
Grey Carter said:
Σειρῆνες Seirēnes

The great challenge.

Read Full Article
Yeah, I guess using Greek letters in the title and page name was a challenge.

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
Stryc9 said:
I find the best way to avoid buying tons of games on Steam sales is to just not have any money to spend on games, though that really didn't stop me. I still bought the new Penny Arcade RPG for $2.50 but that's going to be all because I don't get paid until the 7th of next month.
Goddamn it! Now I bought the Penny Arcade RPG 3+4 bundle!

So far I've gotten

Half-Life 2 episode 2 for ?1.74
Antichamber for ?6.45
Surgeon Simulator for ?3.39
XCOM DLC for ?2.72
Deus Ex HR + DLC for ?5.73
Mirror's Edge for ?2.99
Trine 2 story upgrade for ?0.89
Medieval 2: Total War for ?3.49
Penny Arcade RPG 3+4 for ?5.99

33 euros... when the thing started I told myself 10 at the very most...

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
I'm a 23 year old gamer from India. I've been a pc gamer since I got my first computer at age 15. Till the start of this steam sale, I had bought only 2 games in my entire life. One was a obscure title called mythical warriors that I got hunting the bargain bin at a local gift shop and the other is the original Mafia. Apart from these two all the other games I've ever played in my life were all downloads from pirate bay or got them on plain discs from friends.
When I turned 21 and graduated I tried my hand at game development and managed to create a couple of flash games that I meant to put on sale on flash game license. On another one I put in ads and expected to make money off that. I worked on my home computer on the games for 2 months nonstop 12 hours a day. In the end my games on flash game license did not sell and I made a total of 7$ from ads on another one . That was my first experience in the world of game development. And that was the first time I developed a sense of respect for game developers around the world. It made me realise the need to support developers and the industry because it's really easy to get discouraged when you don't get paid for your work.

I work in enterprise software development now. Earning money for the last year . This summer sale I had decided to just get rid of all pirated games I had lying around on discs or on my hard drive and go legit.

Spent 230$ til now and safe to say I have all the games that I have played in my life in my account now. With th e exception of Fallout 3. Which I found out was never released in India because of controversy and the entire Gta series which I'll definitely be getting before the sale is over.

TLDR : Legitimised all the pirated games I had played in my life by spending 230$

To put in some perspective. 230$ is more than half my monthly income

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
So far I've only bought two games in the sale, Dark Souls and Resident Evil 5, and because of me selling lots of those trading cards on the market, I've only spent $2 out of pocket.

There have been more games I might of bought, like Tomb Raider, but I'm trying to save a bit of money for Tales of Xillia.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Bindal said:
elvor0 said:
Bindal said:
So far, I had a total outcome of... ZERO! No really. I bought a DLC and a soundtrack from the money I got from those cards. And with the exception of one planned purchase (Baldur's Gate EE for 75% - I know it will come. I just don't know when), I won't spend anything, anyway.
It was on the first day of the sale I believe. Or at least it was very damn recently. But I'm sure it'll pop up either way. They always do those "most popular" sales on the last day, and I can't see why they wouldn't.
It appeard as option for a community sale, but lost against System Shock 2. It wasn't on sale yet (it was two weeks prior the Summer sale, but I didn't have the option to buy it then).

I assume, it's going to be on a Blitzdeal before it goes on a Daily one but both is possible at any time.
Ah I must've gotten it a couple of weeks ago then, didn't feel like it was that long ago, but yeah I assume it'll come up again before the end.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
That was last round for me, my bank statement was slightly less happy about how much I bought. But.. you know I have enough old school and new RPG's to survive me 5 years.

So this round, I only buy a few small things.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I have a rule that I never pay more than 20$ for a game. Usually it keeps me from spending money frivolously on new titles, but now I might have to amend it.