Σειρῆνες Seirēnes

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I just got a PC last month to get into PC gaming.
About two days before the sale starts, my Hard Drive crashes.
I guess it's a good thing in a way, means I get to hang on to my money.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
My mother actually managed to guilted me out of buying Bioshock Infinite in favor of going to the store to buy it or not buy it at all.

And it was 50% off.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I know the feeling, I already bought bioshock infinite and shogun 2 total war fall of the samurai with all of its dlc, despite trying to save money so that I can buy europa universalis 4 total war rome 2 and shin megami tensei 4.

Although I guess I could buy mark of the ninja its only 3.75?.somebody please help me.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Spot on, I'm seeing so many discounts on games I could get, but don't really need... only bought a copy of Borderlands 2 so far, a 4-pack my friends and I pooled together for to get some online co-op going finally (LAN's great, but only so many things you can play)

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
So true, but i'm so skint QQ. Will likely find some cash god help me and god help this sale :)

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
This is my first Steam Summer Sale as a PC gamer. I never knew... I was not ready... So many games...

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
I literally just interrupted myself to say how funny and accurate this comic is to buy Civ 5 on community vote

NUFF SAID.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
orangeapples said:
This is my first Steam Summer Sale as a PC gamer. I never knew... I was not ready... So many games...
My first Steam Summer Sale too. I've spent about $25 so far and my main PC sucks (the better games I bought so I can play it on the downstairs computer, or if I get a better PC in the future). I didn't want to go in this deep but things are just...so...CHEAP! *froths at mouth*

There should be a support group for this.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Σειρῆνες Seirēnes

The great challenge.

Read Full Article
HA!! I have through my own force of will resisted and ignored the sirens call that is the steam sale!!

that, and I bought SMT 4 and that and Fire Emblem Awakening have been eating my time lately

Feb 9, 2011
dakkster said:
Stryc9 said:
I find the best way to avoid buying tons of games on Steam sales is to just not have any money to spend on games, though that really didn't stop me. I still bought the new Penny Arcade RPG for $2.50 but that's going to be all because I don't get paid until the 7th of next month.
Goddamn it! Now I bought the Penny Arcade RPG 3+4 bundle!

So far I've gotten

Half-Life 2 episode 2 for ?1.74
Antichamber for ?6.45
Surgeon Simulator for ?3.39
XCOM DLC for ?2.72
Deus Ex HR + DLC for ?5.73
Mirror's Edge for ?2.99
Trine 2 story upgrade for ?0.89
Medieval 2: Total War for ?3.49
Penny Arcade RPG 3+4 for ?5.99

33 euros... when the thing started I told myself 10 at the very most...
One does not simply...set a limit on such a grand experience as the Steam Summer Sale!

I told myself there was, like, one game I wanted. I have now bought....seven? Oh, dear. >_>

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I tend to find your strips to be hit and miss. Some I find mildly amusing, others I don't find at all funny. This one, however, is superb.

DaVash

Oct 18, 2008
My first real steam sale as well got a steam gift card for $20 so I wouldn't go over... and now I got 65 cents left and its going to bug me>.<

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
One does not simply...set a limit on such a grand experience as the Steam Summer Sale!
Limit set so far (5?) and not went over it (nothing spend yet).

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
DaVash said:
My first real steam sale as well got a steam gift card for $20 so I wouldn't go over... and now I got 65 cents left and its going to bug me>.<
and that's precisely why they sell gift cards in the first place, it's a nickel and dime practice!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
So does those men rowing the boat don't have a steam account or not a pc gamer or something?
I am pretty sure they have wax in their ears.
You know, like in Homer's story.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
A brief summary of my mindset over the last couple of weeks.

1) Hmmmm, shouldn't there be a Steam sale by now? They seem to be putting it off a little late this year...
2) Actually, I really shouldn't buy anything at the sale. I still have a lot of games I haven't played yet.
3) Twenty dollars spent already? Shitshitshit.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Popping in to share:

GTA IV (already got it on PS3, but the DLC was included, and it was like 10 bucks.)
Reus
Castle Crashers 4-pack
Civ V Gold Edition

Finally got around to getting Civ V after watching the Steam Train let's play. Watching them goof around sold me on it. Same for Castle Crashers.

So it's been a good haul so far. Slightly unfortunate that university restarts next week, but first world problems and all that.