Movie Set Zombie Apocalypse Causes Paramedic Panic

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Movie Set Zombie Apocalypse Causes Paramedic Panic

An accident on the set of the new Resident Evil film left paramedics struggling to pick out real victims from people who were just dressed up like zombies.

16 actors were injured on the set of Resident Evil: Retribution [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855325/], currently filming in Toronto, when the wheeled platform they were standing on shifted unexpectedly while they were moving to a different platform. The sudden movement caused them to fall about five feet, leading to various leg, back and arm injuries. 12 people were transported to hospital, although none of the injuries are life-threatening.

Emergency responders got a big shock when they first arrived on the scene, however, as the injured actors were made up like zombies, creating the appearance of some horrific disaster and making it difficult for emergency responders to initially assess the situation. "I could see the look on the first paramedic, saying, 'Oh my God'," said Toronto Emergency Medical Services Commander David Ralph.

"It did kind of catch us off-guard when we walked in," added Toronto Police Sgt. Andrew Gibson, although he said that medical personnel were able to get things straightened out quickly.

Milla Jojovich, the star of the film, wasn't on the set at the time of the incident, which has been classified as an industrial accident. The Ontario Ministry of Labor is investigating.

Source: AP [http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CN_CANADA_MOVIE_SET_ACCIDENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT]

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Ha, now this makes me laugh. I can't even begin to imagine what was going through the paramedic's heads right there.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Man, what I would have given to see the look on the first paramedics face.

"OH GOD, ITS LIKE CHEMICAL BURNS MIXED WITH SHRAPNEL, THEY'RE ALL FUCKED" is roughly what I can imagine them thinking.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know what's worse, the 16 people injured or the fact that they're making a 5th Resident Evil film.

I'll go with the film, as it will cause suffering in far more than just 16 people.

the spud

May 2, 2011
"Oh God! Just look at him! He is turning green from pain! He's already lost an arm!"

Those paramedics must have felt silly.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Just thank Christ they didn't immediately think it was the actual zombie apocalypse and started ending them before the virus could spread further.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
That's a pretty funny incident. Just imagine what the Paramedics were thinking.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Anyone want to guess what the plot is? I'm gonna guess, "an in-name-only character from the game stands in the background watching Alice do all the important stuff."

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Really, I mean, if your called to an accident at the site of a zombie movie, you'd expect there to be, I dunno, zombies there. God, those paramedics must have been brain-dead.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Resident Evil 5 huh?
That's the first time I've heard of it. Will this one be in 3D too? Will Wesker come back from being plasma bomb-blasted into oblivion? Will the plot make any kind of sense? Will it still be fun to watch zombies get killed in over-complicated ways?

Let me answer those questions for those of you who can't guess on your own
1. More than likely
2. $5 says he does come back somehow
3. I doubt it
4. Yes! Yes it will!

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Isnt this the one where there're a million Mila clones running around after the rest of the Umbrella Board, or did that already come out when i wasnt watching?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I haven't really being following the Resi movies as of late. I caught the tail end of one a while back - the Alice character was going one on one with some sort of thing with tentacles and then (or at least as it seemed to me) all of a sudden Alice developed telekinesis which she used to defeat the aforementioned monstrosity.

I'm guessing this new film will bear very little relation to the games and by this time Alice will have somehow transcended the limits of her corporeal form.

During the film, some of the characters will spend around half a minute in a Spanish village, then we'll see a random shot of an African tribe or something which totally makes it tie into the game series too.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Zombies aren't phased by a mere five foot fall!
So of course the paramedics should immediately know they where actually humans!

Still, I'm sorry people got hurt.
Here's hoping the movie will be good! :D

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
"Received a call for an industrial accident. Found zombies scattered around.

Rapture"

We have a new meme!

OT: I knew they were making a RE movie but I wasn't a 100% sure. I'm glad; I actually enjoy both the games and the movies even though they're kinda drifting apart from each other.

OT2: When i saw the title of this article, I thought zombies were after a paramedic, you know, like a video game? I dunno, I suppose I gotta stop playing zombie games.

Davih

May 7, 2011
It was only extra's that fell since it was just zombies.

Gonna spoiler responses for those who actually care about what happens in the Resident movies. I enjoyed them despite the lack of a decent plot.
ssgt splatter said:
Resident Evil 5 huh?
Will Wesker come back from being plasma bomb-blasted into oblivion?
He can't possibly be alive. I thought the new antagonist was the chick at the end of Afterlife when you see her flying in on a chopper.Which was an obvious clue to another movie. Since she tells the random Umbrella survivors to blow up the boat. How all these Umbrella people survive is beyond me though, especially since they are still doing crazy experiments.

Panzervaughn said:
Isnt this the one where there're a million Mila clones running around after the rest of the Umbrella Board, or did that already come out when i wasnt watching?
That was the start of Afterlife and they all died. They came up with the idea at Extinction and had them all blow up at the start of Afterlife to kill them all off.

Also, its Milla Jovovich, not Jojovich.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
has nobody heard of
"if you have a broken arm, raise your hand. if your leg is broken, walk over there."

seriously though, they could just ask the people to check if they can stand and, if they can, to check their arms. if they're fine, tell them to check their heads and fuck off. unless they're bleeding.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I know it's not funny since some people got hurt but I couldn't stop myself from laughing when I imagined that paramedic's face and what he thought.
Now I'm wondering what would have happened if there had been gamers among the medics. Would they just have started to kill the "zombies" to stop them from spreading?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Panzervaughn said:
That one came out. They resolved it within 15 minutes and the rest of the movie was original Mila apparently being "normal" again yet still god-modding like there was no tomorrow.

It was thoroughly unimpressive.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
has nobody heard of
"if you have a broken arm, raise your hand. if your leg is broken, walk over there."

seriously though, they could just ask the people to check if they can stand and, if they can, to check their arms. if they're fine, tell them to check their heads and fuck off. unless they're bleeding.
Yeah, that thought occured to me as well after about 4 seconds. Unless they were really, really, really in character, it shouldn't be too hard to determine who is actually injured.