Sony Announces DLC Season Pass for Uncharted 3

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Sony Announces DLC Season Pass for Uncharted 3

DLC season pass lets players nab Uncharted 3's future multiplayer packs at a discount.

In a move reminiscent of how Microsoft is handling the upcoming Gears of War 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112659-Gears-3-Offers-DLC-Discount-Through-New-Season-Pass], Sony recently announced a DLC season pass for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the next entry into the action-adventure series.

Titled "The Fortune Hunters' Club", the season pass enables owners to nab the first four multiplayer map packs along with the first three multiplayer skin packs for the upcoming game. Currently Sony is charging $24.99 USD for the season pass, estimating that without it, the total cost of the DLC packs will be around $45.00.

The season pass also includes a Fortune Hunter's Club theme and will automatically notify you when new Uncharted DLC arrives at the PlayStation Store.

The first DLC is planned to arrive shortly after Uncharted 3 releases November 1st, 2011 in North America.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-18-uncharted-3-dlc-season-pass-announced]

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Thankfully, they already confirmed that there is 0 single player DLC, and since Uncharted multiplayer is bad bad bad, I can safely keep my $25 without missing anything.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Sweet. I spend a good amount of time on Uncharted multiplayer. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
No thanks, not planning on spending 95$ total on Uncharted 3. Or 70. Or 50. 20 is my limit for this kind of game. Although it's fun, it's nothing to go crazy about. I would gladly spend 20$ for a new world in Dark Souls though.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
I'm still confused as to when the hell Uncharted became a multi player title. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea? And who the hell would shell out that much on some crappy DLC?

Sometimes I despair over gamers these days.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Good idea. Glad to see this sort of plan catch on. That's what I've been saying for months.

I don't own a PS3 though. So oh well.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Wow.... I can't believe people would spend $25 on shitty multiplayer, let alone $45 at full price. Meh, each to their own I guess.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Baresark said:
Wow.... I can't believe people would spend $25 on shitty multiplayer, let alone $45 at full price. Meh, each to their own I guess.
I loved Uncharted 3's beta, so I could I see myself getting this.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I do really like the idea of this scheme. It's a great way to reward loyal fans without punishing those that maybe don't want all the DLC. I would also be complaining about it only being multiplayer, but seeing as I haven't played any of the other Uncharted games I don't really care... Good job with the season pass though Sony. Hopefully this catches on.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Korten12 said:
Baresark said:

I didn't really mean to make it sound as derogatory as it did. It's honestly a good idea. The whole season pass thing. My buddy did the same thing with Forza 4. If your interested in a game, it's a home run, really.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Thankfully, they already confirmed that there is 0 single player DLC, and since Uncharted multiplayer is bad bad bad, I can safely keep my $25 without missing anything.
Pretty much this. They blatantly told us that they wouldn't be making any single player content, which is really the appeal of the game. So, $25-45 worth of content will safely pass me by.

EDIT: though, that said, this is a good idea. Offering a season pass for a reduced price, maybe throw in some other goodies besides just the DLC itself (themes, avatars, home stuff, uhh...clockfaces), could be a good idea. Especially an alerting system to tell you when new content is available. That would be quite useful.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
mjc0961 said:
It's funny that they "don't have the team" to work on DLC when it's single player, but they do for MP.

That aside, I totally can't see spending money on Map Packs for Uncharted.

emechbjm

Jun 8, 2010
See this is the WRONG way to do online pass. Sure - charge extra $10 for a pass for used copies to join the online servers, but I reckon new copies (of all games) should come with a FREE complete DLC pass as a thanks for paying full retail at release rather then paying platnium price for the complete GOTY editions in 12-18 months time and the major incentive to buy new. Uncharted multiplayer gets a pass from me (as in I will pass on it, not award it a pass) - not that my 2 cents means anything to sony..........

OK... ALL DLC is proberbly a bit much (pigsys perfect 10 and borderlands are examples of DLC done right and totally worth the extra $$) but my overall suggestion (maps packs & skins inclusive) remains valid.......

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Already sold on this I think. I loved Uncharted 2's multiplayer and me and my fiancée played it all the time together. This will definitely be saving me a couple quid for future.

Jarskaaja

Apr 3, 2010
Korten12 said:
I have to warn you: If you mean the July beta, the game is currently extremely different from what it was back then. If you've been playing the on-going multiplayer promotion, go ahead if you like it.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
mjc0961 said:
Baresark said:
Why do so many people have to post about the multi-player if they don't like it? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
They post about the multiplayer because that is what the DLC is for, the DLC is multiplayer only. That and people are a bit sour about the developer spending time on just cranking out a few more multiplayer maps instead of putting in any "real" content in the single player.