Serious Sam 3 Weapons Trailer Brings Guns to a Gun Fight

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Serious Sam 3 Weapons Trailer Brings Guns to a Gun Fight

The Serious Sam 3: BFE weapons trailer has something for everyone: guns, guns, guns, guns and a sledgehammer. [Then more guns.]

Remember back in the days before some jerk decided that FPS heroes should only be allowed to carry two guns at once? Good times. And that's kinda how Serious Sam rolls. You don't get any cover, you don't get any upgrades, you don't get any balletic, slo-mo bullet-time antics; you get guns. All the guns you can carry.

You like guns, don't you? Sure you do. And you're going to need all those guns, because even Dolph Lundgren runs out of bullets eventually and when that happens, you need a Plan B: another gun! As somebody who's played a lot of Serious Sam over the years, you can trust me when I say that this actually happens quite often. Lots of guns, but no more bullets. There are never enough bullets.

But then you get to hit things in the face with a sledgehammer!

Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://serioussam.com/] comes out on November 22 for the PC. Console release dates have not been announced.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
This is a game operating on the Rule of Cool. No...the Rule of Awesome!

I can't wait for this.

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
Anyone who ever like Quake, Doom, Unreal, Unreal Tournament or a fuckload of other classic FPS shooters should defiantly get this.

Serious Sam is going to kick ass, its BETTER than what duke should have been.

darkonnis

Apr 8, 2010
serious sam takes chest high cover, spits on it, then kicks it over. Marcus felix eat your heart out this is the game for proper men

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
...Yup I'm getting this one, at this rate I will need a second job to pay for all the games coming out

Sep 14, 2009
hah nice video, definitely looks like an upgrade from the old games.

too bad i don't have any more money on me anymore...after getting uncharted 3/skyrim/gears of war 3, just don't have it in me for this game, maybe on a steam sale or such over winter break.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hang on, I saw iron sights! And... and... dear God, a scope!

Ruined forever right there.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I hope the game is as awesome as it's predecessors. I don't like how they seem to have grittyfied everything but oh well you can't have everything. As long as the gameplay is unchanged I'm getting it.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
At first I saw the Assualt Rifle and I was like, "Aw, shit, they turned serious Sam into a serious shooter."

Then I saw the Lasergun. And I was like "Maybe not. Fuck this is going to be awesome."

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
This looks fun to play, but the ginormous amounts of bleak, bleak greyness just crawls under my skin. I don't like it. I don't mind grittiness, but this is not gritty. And it's not even hard to make your level come to life. Just add some aggressively burning fire here, graffiti on the walls, colored neon lights (broken or not), differently colored buildings... etc.

Grey is the color of boredom. If everything had been a little more vivid I would consider buying this game.

I'm sorry guys...

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
Matthew94 said:
The guns look like they have no power, no force, no BANG.

I am disappoint.
ditto, they are basicly the same setup as the previous game, reskinned but not much else. So whats there to be excited about? couple of new guns that really are not the impressive when it comes to shooters.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Merlark said:
Matthew94 said:
The guns look like they have no power, no force, no BANG.

I am disappoint.
ditto, they are basicly the same setup as the previous game, reskinned but not much else. So whats there to be excited about? couple of new guns that really are not the impressive when it comes to shooters.
I think that what he's getting at is there is no animation feedback on the enemies when you shoot them, they basically just drain a health bar until it's empty at which point they blow up.

I don't play a lot of shooters so I don't know if this is supposed to be standard these days or not.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ah, Duke. Don't you wish your latest game could have been even remotely as awesome as this?

Watching this trailer made me feel like it's 10 years ago.
And I'm fucking loving it. Every second of it.

By the way, at 0:09, did anyone else expect an Ork to suddenly come jumping out of the screen? :p

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Zhukov said:
Hang on, I saw iron sights! And... and... dear God, a scope!

Ruined forever right there.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I do have to agree with the sentiment. Won't iron sights completely wreck the pacing?

I suppose realistically we'll have to wait for the game to come out before one can say for sure though.