Critical Miss: Therapy

Dec 14, 2009
Avant-garde?

That sounds like hipster talk to me...

[sub]I'm watching now. You better watch your back...[/sub]

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Man it is sad that even the mere mention of that life destroying site makes me want to type it into my adress bar... Addiction does not even come close when dealing with that... THING... Now if you need me I'll be checking to see if CM has its own TvTropes page...

EDIT: Turns out they do! Not very extensive, but it's there

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
Leels said:
Critical Miss: Therapy

Area of expertise

Read Full Article
wait wait wait wait wait, hold on here...
how come leels here is posting the critical miss? have both cory and grey been sucked into tvtropes so badly?

anyway, yeah stay away from that place... it's addictive as crack, and twice as educational!

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Yes, excellent. Finally someone shows the horrors of addiction to tvtropes.
Which reminds me, I need to go verify something...er not on tvtropes, yeah.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Great comic... although Eds.... you listed this as a comic from LeeLee, rather than the usual artists.

Unless it was a guest comic?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
wow, now I understand how my doctor got his degree...
wow, now I gotta go change doctors!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
So I'm gonna take a guess and say the guy is using his addiction to tvtropes and making it into a profession as a doctor..... Brilliant!

I should become a doctor too!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
As someone who wants to become a psychologist, I have to say this scares me, and I pray it's mostly a joke.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
steeple said:
how come leels here is posting the critical miss?
I noticed that too. WTF? I was expecting a crossover when I clicked on the link.

steeple said:
have both cory and grey been sucked into tvtropes so badly?
If they had the comic would probably be stick figures with scribbles. I've been there. Get too deep into TVTropes and real life suffers. Work? That can wait, I never realized how similar these two shows were in their use of a Five Man Band where the Lancer does a Face Heel Turn in a Wham Episode!

(I wonder how many people here can read that sentence and translate it into English.)

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Ehhh, well it might help grant some degree of knowledge and insight, but calling it the equivilent of real-world degrees and experience is pretty laughable.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
So wait. Google and such DON'T make me an expert in the field? Well shit.

Though I don't see whats so "addicting" about TvTropes. I've looked around it and it's pretty bleh. Website looks like shit too.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Thank you for not linking to TvTropes, I have stuff I need to get done today. Nice to know that all my troping qualifies me to become a shrink, now I have something to fall back on. Yay.

Landis963

May 23, 2011
Speaking as a troper, I loled. However, point of order: It's "cloudcuckoolander," not "cuckoolander", although doctor why-have-I-not-been-fired-yet was probably trying to hide his source.
Like so: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cloudcuckoolander

Landis963

May 23, 2011
Qitz said:
So wait. Google and such DON'T make me an expert in the field? Well shit.

Though I don't see whats so "addicting" about TvTropes. I've looked around it and it's pretty bleh. Website looks like shit too.
It's the same principle as Wikipedia's distracting-ness: you think of a story you know (say, Bioshock), search for it, lo and behold there is a page for it, a trope catches your eye (say, Canned Orders Over Loudspeaker), you click it, you see another story on that page you know (say, Mass Effect 2), you click that, and so on, and so on.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Actually, speaking as someone who actually has a degree in lit studies, a comprehensive knowledge of TV Tropes actually gives you more useful knowledge than the degree.