Rockstar Reveals Four New Max Payne 3 Screens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rockstar Reveals Four New Max Payne 3 Screens

Max Payne has added a few more photographs to his "My Brazilian Vacation" scrapbook.

"Hi. My name is Max. I'm a violent alcoholic with extensive weapons training and an anger management problem. My wife and newborn child were murdered by junkies about ten years back and that kinda had me down for awhile, but I was able to work through it and even met a nice girl I ended up falling for. But then there was this whole big thing with a Russian mobster and some old dude in a wheelchair, and she ended up dead too."

[gallery=533]

"Boy, that sure browned me off. I decided to take a little time off work, but the next thing I know I'm Brazil, my luggage is somewhere over the Pacific and all I've got is this wife-beater and enough cash to get a seriously mad drunk on. Oh, and a couple of Uzis. Yeah, they're probably gonna come in handy at some point."

Max Payne 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-Pc/dp/B00178631E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320180016&sr=8-3] is scheduled for release in March 2012 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
The final screenshot doesn't really look a bit weird, but all the other ones are pretty decent and i for one am looking forward to this. And I'm really hoping it'll feel as the two previous games. Also, anyone knows for sure if the makers of it are using the normal Max Payne 2 ending to continue the story, or the one that you see when you beat the game on the hardest difficulty? It would be interesting to know.
Also, my birthday is in March. Go figure.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
To mantain the tone of the news piece, the final image would have to be tagged "I don't even know what this is, explosions mostly."

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'm not sure which Mona ending is "canon," to be honest. I think "she lives" was supposed to be, but if Mona survived, Max was redeemed, etc., then what's he doing tanked up and pissed off in Sao Paulo? Based on Max's condition, it sure looks to me like she didn't make it.

Either way, the new game seems to run against the sense of hopefulness that came with the end of Max Payne 2. It really felt like he was going to make it.

This is the normal ending of Max Payne 2, one of the greatest game endings of all time. My eyes still well up when I watch it. Spoilers, of course.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Why am I able to see sunlight in my Max Payne game? Would've bought if it was only shades and shadows, because that's what puts me in the fatalist mindset of Max Payne.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i ask my self if you can choose if mona survived or not, and this would change maxs behavior in the game and maybe also the outcome.

Ephixa

Nov 11, 2011
He look interesting, i like it more then stupid style of in first 2 parts, similiar look to Matrix :p...i mean i like game, but he is cinical more then ever in 3rd part,booze, now we talking! 3:) :D