Zombie Sings "What I Got" in Saint's Row Promo

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Zombie Sings "What I Got" in Saint's Row Promo

A zombie grunting a song while riding shotgun in a purple smart car with spikes on it - yep, that's Saints Row: The Third.

I'm cautiously excited for Volition's latest jaunt into the absurd crime-world of Stilwater. According to Justin Clouse who played it last month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9178-Saints-Row-The-Third-Hands-On], the crazy game lets you have even more fun with the silly stuff you do in between the story missions. The customization of the player character has always been a tenet of the series, and there are options a-plenty in The Third, including the option to have your voice be a zombie. Now we get to hear the zombie in game as he sings a few bars of Sublime's What I Got with his buddy as they deck out their car in the latest video released by Volition.

As we discussed in the Escapist podcast recently [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast/4843-018-Saints-Row-3-Old-Republic-Horror], why would you ever choose anything else but the zombie voice? I was skeptical at first, but after hearing his lovely rendition of a 90s ska-punk hit, I think I'm sold.

Saints Row: The Third comes out on November 15th in North America on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I didn't think I could want Saints Row 3 more, but they just had to go and but Sublime in the soundtrack didn't they? I am all up in the first day purchase for this, fo' real.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
You monsters! Why must you keep this game from us?!
Do you know how much sleep and how many missed hours of work I will lose over this game?!

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Greg Tito said:
Why would you ever choose anything else but the zombie voice?
Ummm... Psychopathic British Guy?
I was unaware there was even a choice. All my characters, and every persons character I know, regardless of gender, chose that voice.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I think I now owe Volition all my money...
There needs to be a fourth game in development RIGHT NOW!

d43dr34m3r

Sep 28, 2010
Man I was really hoping to get through this holiday season with just Skyrim and Skyward Sword. Volition, did it have to be Sublime for this trailer? Did it have to be what is easily my favorite song to sing in the car? Did it have to be zombies?

Just take my video game companies. Just take it all.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm going to have so much fucking fun with this game.

It's just...

Fun.

You remember fun, right guys?
Vaguely, it was a long long time ago. Before MMO's came out.

Mar 26, 2008
They're going from the Sublime to the ridiculous.

Didn't one of the characters in Saints Row 2 sing along to some song when you were driving?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

I'm going to have so much fucking fun with this game.

It's just...

Fun.

You remember fun, right guys?
Awesome picture. And yes, Volition is God in my eyes now. Suck it up, other Gods.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Thats awesome, although i hope you can change back from the zombie voice to a normal one as it could start getting annoying after a while. Imagine the cutscenes? lol