Serious Sam 3 Melee Trailer: Chiropractic Extreme!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Serious Sam 3 Melee Trailer: Chiropractic Extreme!

You seen the guns, now it's time for the guts in the Serious Sam 3: BFE melee attacks video.

Sometimes, you have to go hands-on. You have to make things personal. You have to put your minigun in your pocket, wade into the fray and throw a few elbows. Or shell rips, boot stomps and neck cracks, as the situation demands.

While Sam's many guns [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113902-Serious-Sam-3-Weapons-Trailer-Brings-Guns-to-a-Gun-Fight] are free-form instruments of murderous art, his melee repertoire appears to be more specific to the particular enemy he's fighting. Which makes sense, I suppose; it'd be kind of tricky to snap the neck of a Gnaar or rip the heart out of a charging Kleer Skeleton, after all.

As you'd expect from a Serious Sam game, a lot of these melee maneuvers are devastating and goofy in equal measures. It's not so much the moves as the names: Ocular Devastation, Cardiac Arrest, Spine Adjustment and of course the Face Lift, which may not offer much in the way of practical value but is most definitely very Serious.

Serious Sam 3: BFE [http://store.steampowered.com/app/41070/] comes out on November 22 for the PC. Console release dates have not yet been announced.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Those were... not so great. So fast and splatter-y that you can hardly see what's going on.

Although I guess they have to be fast in order to avoid breaking the flow of gameplay. Execution moves just strike me as a poor fit for old school run-and-gun.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Zhukov said:
Those were... not so great. So fast and splatter-y that you can hardly see what's going on.

Although I guess they have to be fast in order to avoid breaking the flow of gameplay. Execution moves just strike me as a poor fit for old school run-and-gun.
butbutbut
he kissed the ripped face of Mancubus

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
Mostly I'm pleased that it doesn't switch to immersion-busting killcam every time you do it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
SMOOCH!
Now we have a better idea of Sam's fetishes.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Way to go on showcasing just how samey and repetitive the melee animations will be before release guys...