Humble Voxatron Debut Packs On Some Gish

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Voxatron Debut Packs On Some Gish

Surprise! More games have been added to the Humble Voxatron Debut.

This is getting to be kind of a routine, isn't it? A Humble something-or-other comes out, it's a great deal, and then stuff just keeps piling on until it's so ridiculously good that you can't say no. You can say no, I suppose, but then you'd be missing out on a stupidly good deal.

So it is with the Humble Voxatron Debut, which began life as the first Humble "Bundle" with just one game but then quickly added [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113979-The-Humble-Voxatron-Debut-Gets-Bundlier] Blocks That Matter and The Binding of Isaac as freebies for anyone who paid more than the average price. And now it's even better with the addition of Gish, which is a ton of fun despite the silly name, and three minigames from Voxatron developer Lexaloffle: the Sokoban-like Chocolate Castle, Zen Puzzle Garden and the 15-level retro platformer Jasper's Journeys.

Are these the greatest games you're ever going to play? Probably not. But for a little over five bucks, which is what the whole package is currently going for, you're not going to find a deal much better than this one. Plus there's that whole charity thing, which is nice, and of course if you've already laid down for the Bundle, you'll get all these extras free.

The Humble Voxatron Debut, which now officially qualifies as a bundle, will be available for another four days and change. Check it out at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com].

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Am I the only one who was so frustrated by Gish that I gave up on it after 30 minutes? I got it from some other Humble Bundle (...I think the first one?), and it had such potential, but somehow ruined by VERY ult mechanics like limited life and obnoxious artificial difficulty (controls, mainly).

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Already have Gish, kinda fun but gameplay seems a little frustrating. I don't know quite what it was, control issue, gameplay is too rough. Whatever, didn't really like it. However, anyone who hasn't yet bought the bundle, Binding Of Isaac alone is well worth the money. I've already put about 20 hours into that game, it's brilliant. Sick, twisted genius.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Whoever played the white blob, was better than the person controlling the black one!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Abedeus said:
Am I the only one who was so frustrated by Gish that I gave up on it after 30 minutes? I got it from some other Humble Bundle (...I think the first one?), and it had such potential, but somehow ruined by VERY ult mechanics like limited life and obnoxious artificial difficulty (controls, mainly).
Gish is incredibly frustrating with a keyboard, even unplayable, but try it with a controller, it's still a hard game (and I like hard games), but at least you won't blame the poor controls for losing many lives. You'll be surprised at how much fun this game could be.

OT: I bought the Bundle from the very first moment I recieved the mail about it, glad I purchased it immediatly, although Voxatron is a lot of fun (for an unfinished game), I think that the highlight of this bundle would be Blocks That Matter, I've been playing that game for so many hours it's ridiculous, it's a lot of fun. Also, the other Lexaloffle games are not bad either, especially Zen Puzzle Garden.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I beat Gish's demo, so I think I'm largely prepared for what comes after...

My only gripe is that some of the secret item caches appear to be in largely impossible places to reach.