WB Games Needs Your Help With Arkham City

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
WB Games Needs Your Help With Arkham City

Warner Bros. is having trouble tracking down a glitch in Batman: Arkham City, so it's asking the community for help in the search.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JAVK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321398324&sr=8-2>Batman: Arkham City is an excellent game, but if you're playing it on the Xbox 360, you should be aware that there's a problem. Some 360 users are reporting that saved games on the console are randomly disappearing, even though the data still shows up on the Xbox's actual hard drive. Warner Bros., however, can't find the problem, and it's hoping that community members can help figure out what's causing the issue.

The company has noted that the problem is real and it's working to fix things, but this is one of those situations that's proving difficult, since WB hasn't been able to recreate the issue. As a result, a representative took to the Arkham City forums:

We would very much like to fix the "disappearing save files" issue some consumers have been reporting with the XBOX 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue.

For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team's ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support (<a href=mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on.

Exactly how widespread this issue is remains to be seen. Based on comments in the forum thread, it certainly looks like the problem is affecting a number of 360 gamers. If you've encountered the glitch, drop the folks at Warner Bros. a line and see if you can help them solve this.

Source: <a href=http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/10147-Official-Thread-XBOX-360-Missing-Save-Files>Arkham City Forums via <a href=http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/11/15/warner-bros-asks-help-arkham-city-save-game-glitch>GamePolitics

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
And now I'm a bit glad I didn't pick this game up. I feel kind of bad for the players being effected and hope a fix is found soon but this is a hunt I won't be able to take part in.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I didn't have this glitch, but about halfway through the story my game stopped autosaving.

I contacted them and they got a patch out about week and half later... =/

Then again, atleast they responded when I notified them, other times when I've contacted other developer/publisher about something like this, I hear nothing back.

So they got that.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
At first I thought maybe I could help... and then I read "if you're playing it on the Xbox 360".

I was baffled by people buying hardware designed by Microsoft back when they mostly just made crappy mice...

XaVierDK

Jan 16, 2008
And this is how you do proper post-launch support...
That is all..

And no, it's not just because it's Batman (I just watched The Big Picture, had to do it to pollute your internet)

Best Regardsd

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
therandombear said:
I contacted them and they got a patch out about week and half later... =/
To be fair a week and a half is really fast, assuming yours was the first report of it and they weren't already working on it. Finding what exactly was causing the problem, figuring out a way to fix it, making sure it didn't break anything else, and then distributing takes time.

On topic, this is good work, ideally we'd like them to be able to fix it straight up but as they can't they're being open about it and taking the best course to find a fix soon. A lot of software companies would simply sit back and wait for QA to reproduce the issue.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
You'd think a game about a guy called Batman would be better at catching bugs.
Maybe if the bugs wore a green suit and left clues to where they'd strike next.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
loc978 said:
At first I thought maybe I could help... and then I read "if you're playing it on the Xbox 360".

I was baffled by people buying hardware designed by Microsoft back when they mostly just made crappy mice...
Chances are this is a bug in the game's code itself. In fact, as soon as I read the article I thought "This might be what's been holding up the Windows release." Which would be pretty awesome actually, since it would mean they're delaying a game's release to fix a known bug instead of just shipping it now and saying "Eh, we'll patch it later."

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Steve the Pocket said:
loc978 said:

Chances are this is a bug in the game's code itself. In fact, as soon as I read the article I thought "This might be what's been holding up the Windows release." Which would be pretty awesome actually, since it would mean they're delaying a game's release to fix a known bug instead of just shipping it now and saying "Eh, we'll patch it later."
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the hardware for this... just saying I would have liked to try to help, but I only own the PS3 version due to a certain aversion to Microsoft products that I developed in the 90s... and I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen on the PS3 version, considering it's only been reported on the 360... so it's probably an issue within how the game writes to the 360's hard drive.

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
This happened to me RIGHT AFTER I beat the game. The credits rolled, I went to work, came back and it was gone. :(

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Hmm, note to self. Get this game for PS3 if you get it. This is not the kind of bug testing I want to partake of.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I did everything and traded this in the other day so I'm fine.

However this did happen to me on Mass Effect 2. I'd finished the game, and gotten all of the secrets and kept the save file so I could import it to ME3. I had another Shepard on the go, who made completely different choices and didn't do many of the 'secret' missions - the idea was to see what differences they would encounter on ME3. But yeah...the data is still on my Xbox but when I go on to Mass Effect 2 I can't play him...

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
You know I had a strange issue on my PS3. I went to continue my game and was told that my "Game data was corrupted". I freaked out at first, but by deleting the game data, reinstalling it, and then downloading the catwoman pass again, I was able to continue the game without any problems. I have no idea if this is related.

I loved this game, though.

Operations

Mar 11, 2009
let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on.
I thought the idea behind console gaming was a single unified spec, seems to defeat the purpose if there are different software/hardware configurations.