SSX Gets A Tricky Trailer

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
SSX Gets A Tricky Trailer

Say what you will about the dubstep Run DMC remix, but this footage of SSX is awesome.

Unlike that Metal Gear Solid Rising clip I posted earlier [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.323707-Spike-Debuts-Cruel-Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Ad], there are no cruel bait-and-switch tactics in this newly-released trailer for EA's upcoming SSX. The clip is nearly two minutes of physics-defying, in-game action that should make any fan of the series anxious for the game's February 2012 release.

Granted, the song accompanying the footage -- a dubstep remix of Run DMC's classic "It's Tricky" courtesy producer Pretty Lights -- leaves a lot to be desired (unlaced Adidas and tangential ties to Aerosmith, for instance), but the footage of the game itself is an enthralling mix of the series' classic over-the-top snowboarding action and the new game's impressive vistas.

Now that you've watched the clip, I'd also like you to have a look at the intro for SSX Tricky, both so you can compare the new game to its predecessors and because this clip includes a far less grating version of Run DMC's classic song.

Consider this your unicorn chaser if that over-produced bassline got stuck in your head.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Cool trailer, I'm not really a snowboarding game fan, but this looks pretty fun.

And since you mentioned Dubstep, there's going to be a flame war about it in this comment thread (also, hasn't the original Run D.M.C song got the same bassline).

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
SSX tricky is still like the best snowboarding game I ever played. The other "realistic" ones just get boring way to fast.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
Arachon said:
Cool trailer, I'm not really a snowboarding game fan, but this looks pretty fun.

And since you mentioned Dubstep, there's going to be a flame war about it in this comment thread (also, hasn't the original Run D.M.C song got the same bassline).
the original bassline is nothing like this one.

hopefully the trend of using dubstep in game trailers will soon be over..other then that, really hoping this will get a PC release because I love SSX.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
Pre-order to access additional content - I think that's more heinous then what they did to the Run DMX classic!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
NightHawk21 said:
SSX tricky is still like the best snowboarding game I ever played. The other "realistic" ones just get boring way to fast.
SSX3 and On Tour were worlds better than Tricky.

Eddie's back!

Now as long as Psymon is still around I'll buy it.

Blur never happened.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I can't believe I just decided to buy that game solely based on the fact that Eddie is in it. Seriously, it just got upgraded from a "maybe" to a "definitely".

And yeah, terrible re-mix :-/

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that the colorful characters look kind of out of place in these environments?

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Dubstep toned down for the mainstream never sounds any good. Take Skrillex for example, the tracks he doesn't play on the radio are much more 'suitable' than those that he does.

Whilst this track doesn't hit the mark dead on (and continues to strain the genre with everyone and their mum using the style), I have no doubt that when Psymon (I have faith) busts a Guillotine at 1000ft that it will definitely sound the part.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
I like the mix, I thought it gave out the games new edge especially compared to tricky's where it felt brighter.
As for the game itself, yes, just yes. I will buy this next year.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
I like the mix, I thought it gave out the games new edge especially compared to tricky's where it felt brighter.
As for the game itself, yes, just yes. I will buy this next year.
I second this notion. And at least the remix didn't completely mangle the original, like some other remixes I've heard...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Excuse me while I go buy SSX Tricky. Oh wait, I already own it and have beaten it with every character. Ah well, I stand by it.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
jackanderson said:
EA.

Seriously.

All of it.

[HEADING=2]Take my goddamn money already. I need this game.[/HEADING]

It is about damn time that SSX gets the revival it deserves. SSX Tricky was a blast, and SSX3 is one of my favorite games of all time. While I was worried at first with the initial launch trailer, this and other gameplay videos have driven me from "cautiously worried" mode to, well,

[HEADING=1]Take my goddamn money![/HEADING]

mode.

Also, Eddie's back! Mac and Eddie are my two favorite characters, it's good to see that disco stick back.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Jumplion said:
jackanderson said:
EA.

Seriously.

All of it.

[HEADING=2]Take my goddamn money already. I need this game.[/HEADING]

It is about damn time that SSX gets the revival it deserves. SSX Tricky was a blast, and SSX3 is one of my favorite games of all time. While I was worried at first with the initial launch trailer, this and other gameplay videos have driven me from "cautiously worried" mode to, well,

[HEADING=1]Take my goddamn money![/HEADING]

mode.

Also, Eddie's back! Mac and Eddie are my two favorite characters, it's good to see that disco stick back.
Soooooo..... you want them to take your money?

Just checkin'

Ducks under the thrown "Stating the bloody obvious" trophy

OT: That bass-line in the second video is darn groovy.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
I loved SSX Tricky and SSX 3. Where do you think the final iteration of my name transitioned from?
Played them to death. Literally. I played them so much the discs snapped on both of them, so I had to buy new copies.
My friends hate that there is a new one coming out, cos it's all I'll be playing, talking about, thinking of, dreaming about.
And they won't be able to do anything to stop me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
And if they try, well, Psymon'll be proud...

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Since when did they rename it from deadly descents back to just SSX?

Anyway, this is totally bringing back some memories. SSX3 was a hell of a time.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
vrbtny said:
Soooooo..... you want them to take your money?

Just checkin'

Ducks under the thrown "Stating the bloody obvious" trophy

OT: That bass-line in the second video is darn groovy.
Oh yes. Oh god yes, they could take my money and wipe their asses with it right in front of me, and I wouldn't care so long as the game comes out, is in my hands, and is a good game to boot.