Thousand Pounds Joins Forces With Capcom

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Thousand Pounds Joins Forces With Capcom

Capcom has enlisted the awesome martial artists at Thousand Pounds Action Company to create a short film for Street Fighter X Tekken.

It should come as no surprise that we are big fans of the videos created by the fine people at Thousand Pounds Action Company. It was only last week that I was gushing over the live-action Street Fighter IV Ultra Combo videos the group put together are intensely rad [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114287-Arkham-Citys-Fisticuffs-Are-Even-Better-In-Reality].

When I heard that Thousand Pounds had teamed with Capcom to create a short film to be released in conjunction with the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken, you can imagine my excitement. The collaboration is still in the production stage, but even the video the group released to announce the project is worth a watch. That would the clip embedded at top-right, by the way.

The really impressive bit about this clip isn't the group's fight choreography (though that is up to their usual high standards). No, the really striking bit is how well these martial artists/stunt people can do comedy. Both physical comedy and more subtle verbal wit.

Then you take into account that in addition to their myriad talents, they're all rather attractive people. I started this article with the intention of praising the Thousand Pounds Action Company, but now I'm mostly just jealous of everything they do.

If you'll excuse me I think I need to reflect on my poor life choices while sobbing uncontrollably.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
Then you take into account that in addition to their myriad talents, they're all rather attractive people.
It's called fitness my friend. It does strange things to one's attractiveness levels and I have yet to figure out how it works. My diet of redmeat and soda pop has yet to yield results.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Man imagine if flamewars were resorted into fights like those? Awesome video and I will be looking forward to those upcoming videos.

justblues

Jan 11, 2009
Im happy this is happening i love watching these guys stuff on youtube, and its cool to see capcom is gonna work with them.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Amazing how all the normal rules about fanboys can be refuted by one Youtube channel.

Keep up the good work, and damn you for reminding me I'm out of shape.