Beyond Good & Evil 2 Details Emerge

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Beyond Good & Evil 2 Details Emerge

Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner and Michel Ancel, the man behind the Rayman series, discuss narrative vs. gameplay, and drop a few hints about Beyond Good & Evil 2 in the process.

The discussion, which you can see in all its blurry glory on the right, was held at the Montepellier in Game 2011 [http://www.montpellieringame.com/about-the-montpellier-in-game] game show in Montpellier, France. Naturally, the entire conversation was in French, but the scholars over at IGN did a little translating.

According to IGN's translation, BG&E 2's artists are drawing major inspiration from modern India. The concept art, which is the first look we've had at anything BG&E2 related since that target render that was leaked back in 2009 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AgqPrgmEQ&feature=player_embedded], seems to confirm that. Apparently, the design team was flown out to India in order to help them capture a specific "mixture of tradition, the future, and everyday life."

There's still scant concrete details on BG&E's development, save that it's not canceled and aiming for release sometime during the next console generation. Ubisoft Sales VP Tony Key recently joked that lead designer Michel Ancel would have more leeway to work on the game if his current project, Rayman Origins, sold well. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114158-Want-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Buy-Rayman-Origins]

You can peruse the slightly blurry collection of concept art, and watch a video of the discussion, assuming your French is up to snuff, here. [http://www.bgemyth.net/?page=news/afficher_news.php&news=1007]

Source: IGN [http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1213183p1.html?RSSwhen2011-11-22_141800&RSSid=1213183&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fall+%28IGN+Complete%29&utm_content=Google+Reader]

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Sober Thal said:
Thank God the whole having to buy Rayman was just a joke.
Current rumour is Rayman Origins has sold around 5000 copies. Which is unfortunate, the game is bloody brilliant.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
I'm throwing money at the screen and nothings happening!!!

Where is my time machine when i need it?

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Okay, I want this game so badly. And I want it to be fantastic. And I want it to sell well so that Michel Ancel can take a vacation in the Bahamas or something and then start work on BG&E 3.

Beyond Good and Evil was remarkably good. When I played it, I was too young to understand game design or storytelling that well, but I knew it was brilliant. Still love it to this day.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
[quote =post="7.325494.13308306"]Beyond Good & Evil 2 Details Emerge
[/quote]
I have been waiting to read those words for almost 7 years now... I'm getting emotional...

Jan 27, 2011
Wait, so it's still being made?!

...Ubisoft, if you're reading this: I loved the first game. I will buy the second one. Make it happen!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Given Ubisoft's dedication to their lecacy IPs, it will be either a kart racing game or a gritty modern shooter. You can't trust them, they put someone who hated the Splinter Cell series in charge of Conviction. Don't even get me started on Brothers in Arms or Call of Juarez. Ubisoft can be counted on to fuck it up.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Cool. I didn't really believe the game even existed actually. I just though they teased it to get people interested in BG&E HD. But it's good to know the game is coming along. And I noticed the slightly Indian style to the leaked trailer back when it first showed up. Well, not specifically that it looked like India but it looked very different to the last game. No strange alien looking people to be found, and it looked a lot more like it was going for a realistic style. Also not really any stealth elements. But I imagine there will be at least some in the next game.

ever-vigilant

Apr 6, 2010
Oh god I feel ill. This is like the game version of "Name of the Wind". An excellent first outing but you have to wait a life time for the second one to come out while to fans are screaming in agony for even a glimps of a rumor.
I know it was a joke but I'm getting Rayman Origins just incase it helps it come out sooner.

ever-vigilant

Apr 6, 2010
Oh god I feel ill. This is like the game version of "Name of the Wind". An excellent first outing but you have to wait a life time for the second one to come out while to fans are screaming in agony for even a glimps of a rumor.
I know it was a joke but I'm getting Rayman Origins just incase it helps it come out sooner.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008

[HEADING=2]"Did you think I was gone forever?"[/HEADING]

Start them both at the same time, it's amazing how well they fit together.

Diminished Capacity

Dec 15, 2010
"The next console generation"?

oh, come on.

I'm 28 and have considerably less time to play games every year. I've waited a long time, and will probably not care anymore when the game DOES come out. Which is too bad, because BGE was awesome.