Netflix Adds "Just For Kids" To The Wii

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Netflix Adds "Just For Kids" To The Wii

Netflix just made it a lot easier to keep the kids entertained when they're at your house on Thanksgiving.

Picking quality cartoons for your "kids" to watch on Netflix Instant hasn't been easy (I mean, you're certainly too much of a grown-up to watch such things, right?), thanks to how the service has been organized. However, Netflix has just unveiled a new section called "Just For Kids", designed to help you find new shows and movies that your kids (and hopefully you) will enjoy watching. However, this new section is only available on PC, Mac, and Wii.

According to Netflix:

Simply selecting Just for Kids within the Netflix app for Wii takes Netflix members to a section that's perfect for their children 12 and under. Parents and kids can click on their favorite kids characters - from Phineas and Ferb to Elmo - and find a broad selection of great TV shows and movies featuring that character.

The Netflix Just for Kids section lets users scroll through row after row of TV shows and movies organized by easy-to-understand genres like superheroes, princesses, dinosaurs and girl power, featuring clear and simple descriptions of the plot of each title. Netflix uses ratings and reviews from Common Sense Media in developing the selections. Common Sense Media provides independent ratings, reviews, and information to help parents make great media choices.

It's certainly cool that Netflix has gone ahead and created this new section, though it's a little strange that it's only available on the on so few platforms. However, the company has announced that Just For Kids will arrive on other devices "over the next year."

Source: <a href=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/netflix-just-for-kids-experience-now-on-wii-134316038.html>Netflix

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Why is invader Zim in the "just for kids" section? that show got pretty damn dark at times...

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
So it begins.....

The Invasion of MLP to every corner of the internet.

First it was 4chan, then Steam, now Netflix.

By the end of 2011, ponies will RULE THE WORLD!

OT: Nice to cater to the younger crowd, but what 6-10 year old knows how to use Netflix? Just saying, their parents can't be their ALL the time to change the show. But us Canadian folk STILL need better quality streams :'(

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Why is invader zim and rockos modern life in the just for kids section? Those shows kick fucken ass.

InsanelyZanter

Aug 8, 2010
Good. Nice feature to have.

Agreed on the invader Zim. Dang, That SHOW guys. I seriously wonder who looked at Johnen Vasquez's body of work and thought "Yeah, this guy should have a kid's show".

LegoDudeGuy said:
So it begins.....

The Invasion of MLP to every corner of the internet.

Uh.

They don't have the show on netflix.

The article never mentioned it.

Why would you say that.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
WHOA! I see Tangled. Aaaaaaaaand...SOLD!

But yeah, Rocko and Zim were kinda...not kid-advisable at times.

At any rate, it's like Nintendo wants their customers to be kids only. That's fine, and I can kinda respect that. But come on! I wanna like Nintendo, but they keep pushing me away!
(By the way, I'm not a kid)

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
InsanelyZanter said:
Good. Nice feature to have.

Agreed on the invader Zim. Dang, That SHOW guys. I seriously wonder who looked at Johnen Vasquez's body of work and thought "Yeah, this guy should have a kid's show".

LegoDudeGuy said:
So it begins.....

The Invasion of Invader Zim to every corner of the internet.

(
)

Uh.

They don't have the show on netflix.

The article never mentioned it.

Why would you say that.
Idk, it's late, and I'm not fond of ponies and just made a general assumption. So what?

Also fixed.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Rocko's Modern Life in the kid's section? I dunno, I remember some pretty fucked up shit going down in that show. Wasn't there an episode where Rocko's brain literally jumped out of his skull and started running off getting into shenanigans?

InsanelyZanter

Aug 8, 2010
Skopintsev said:
Rocko's Modern Life in the kid's section? I dunno, I remember some pretty fucked up shit going down in that show. Wasn't there an episode where Rocko's brain literally jumped out of his skull and started running off getting into shenanigans?
Invader Zim has a episode clearly featuring the main character harvesting organs from children and grafting them into himself. While replacing the donor's parts with household appliances.

I really don't see why they featured these on the front page of the service. Either way I love both shows to death.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
InsanelyZanter said:
Skopintsev said:
Invader Zim has a episode clearly featuring the main character harvesting organs from children and grafting them into himself. While replacing the donor's parts with household appliances.

I really don't see why they featured these on the front page of the service. Either way I love both shows to death.
It was a screenshot of the Just For Kids section when I brought it up. I suspect it was posting suggestions based on my watching history.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Worgen said:
Why is invader zim and rockos modern life in the just for kids section? Those shows kick fucken ass.
Kids aren't allowed to have shows that kick fucken ass?

Skopintsev said:
Meh. I watched it growing up and I'm fine. Mostly. Kind of.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Invader Zim and Rocko's Mordern Life in the kid's section?

I remember both those shows being kinda suggestive. The former much more so.

tcurt

Jan 28, 2010
Why are we acting like this is new? The "Just for Kids" section is at least a month old. I guess Netflix timed the press release for the holidays.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Skopintsev said:
You remember well, though it was actually his appendix.

I loved Rocko's Modern Life as a kid. The show was delightfully twisted, though most of it went over my head when it first aired. Now that I've watched it again as an adult I love it even more:
It warms the cockles of my heart to know that the younger generations will be able to experience the awesomeness that is Rocko's Modern Life. It is strange to see it marketed towards kids though, seeing as how TV censorship is a lot tighter now concerning content in such shows.